• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Midwest Osborne charactor generator rom

Covers: North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Minesota, Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio

Thatguyagain

Iso- a good charactor generator rom for an osborne 1, or someone that can make a programed one. My numbers were
7A3007-00
Rev A.
D7A6 OCC
Mine had a leg broken off when i got it.

Attachments

• 20221115_130852.jpg
    20221115_130852.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
I found this. There was the number 2732 on it. Ive found no other writing on the rom. Id love to find someone that had the contents read. If i can find them ill definitely hit you up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221115-201319_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221115-201319_Samsung Internet.jpg
    644.6 KB · Views: 4
I did find two supposed rom dump files from an osborne 1. Unfortunately there from a youtube video 5 years ago and labeled poorly. I havent looked at them yet but i did save them.

Well after a goodnights sleep and more looking I carefully got the old sticky label off. Jafir was correct
B236A
MM2716Q-1

Iso- a good charactor generator rom for an osborne 1, or someone that can make a programed one. My numbers were
7A3007-00
Rev A.
D7A6 OCC
Mine had a leg broken off when i got it.
While it would certainly be optimal to replace the part, I've had good success with grinding into the body just above the stub (dremel tool) and soldering on a small piece of bus wire to replace the pin.

While it would certainly be optimal to replace the part, I've had good success with grinding into the body just above the stub (dremel tool) and soldering on a small piece of bus wire to replace the pin.
Ive tried that with this particular one. My symptoms went from vertical lines, to vertical lines made of square boxes once the connection was made.

I see two at that link, but they both say 80 column. Is that right? And if so, which one?

os1-vid8.rom looks to match the SHA1 in MAME for 7a3007-00 so should be good to go.
ROMX_LOAD( "7a3007-00.ud15", 0x0000, 0x800, CRC(6c1eab0d) SHA1(b04459d377a70abc9155a5486003cb795342c801), ROM_BIOS(7) )

So, i have an update. First thanks again jafir for burning me a charactor generator. Second with the charactor generator in my symptoms changed, and pointed to the ram. So i did some testing, found a bad one and replaced it.
This put me in a good place where i got the nice slip disk in drive A screen. And it would pass the memory test. So i serviced drive A and tried my only cp/m disk. The drive came on and acted normal. At this point I got a screen of light grey with changing lines that hitting reset will not clear. After cycling the power i tried again with the same result. I typed in dir and the drive acted like it accessed the disk. I did that few times and same thing.
At this point i serviced the B drive and swaped positions, with the same result. So at the moment im reading the manuals and consulting the diagrams to figure it out and move forward. Still happy I got some forward progress.

It might be a good idea to see if a moderator can move this thread to the appropriate tech support area, just so that it gets the correct attention from the experts in the community.

Update- it works! I was waiting on a new disk set from someone from the netherlands and they arrived. I wanted known good disks before i jumped the gun and started tearing into the drives for a nonexistent problem. All my disks that came with it were corrupted

2nd update we're off and running nicely. Mission acomplished. At this point im doing some case work and watching around for other interesting software or an aftermarket c: drive ram disk , but its performing very well.

The Video Rom's are in the Maslin Archive.

Larry
Dear @ldkraemer

I can see that you have a wealth of knowledge on many subjects. Great respect. The site I found is remarkable. My story is about a Polish pseudo clone of the Osborne Executive (named Jantar 0801). I'm having trouble getting a viable drive station and gotek to work. The floppy disks do not want to work (although the recording in my opinion is correct) I use GreaseWeazle for this. The recorded floppy when read to IMG is 100% compatible with the TD0 image. I think my Jantar (that is Osborne Executive) has a corrupted rom version 1.3. Do you know of a site where someone has such a rom for occ2? I'd appreciate any pointers. I tried to write you a private message, but probably due to my rank on the forum it is blocked. I therefore take the liberty of writing back to this message.

all the best
Arek
Poland

Thank You so much. I was trying version 1.2, but from other source. I will try this file. Other version of my 1.2 disabled floppy disk drive.
😱

all the best
Arek

Back