• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Pacific Northwest OT: Anyone want an old credit card terminal?

Covers: Oregon and Washington

Chuck(G)

25k Member
Delivery Options
In Country Shipping
I've got a Verifone TRANZ 380 credit card terminal here that's been long out of service. It's kind of interesting--has a Z180 type CPU, what looks to be 32K of memory, a low-speed modem and a VFD 7 segment display. Complete with AC adapter.
Will ship for postage (USPS Medium FRB will work). If no interest, it goes on the e-cycle pile.
41QmewfCCdL._AC_.jpg

Hmm... A VFD you say... sounds interesting.

Is there a separate ROM, or is this some Z180 variant with integral ROM?

Found a few details online -- looks like it could make an interesting project -- declaring interest. I'll send you a PM, Chuck.

Last edited:
I've found lots of them over the years, most of the ones that look like that are plain Z-80 with a big (32K?) socketed EPROM and a 20(?)-character VFD display. I've been meaning to hack on one of them "someday", you know how that goes. Getting a good disassembler working was one of the many things blocking me. If you want to play with some random Z-80 thing, you could do worse.

Later bigger ones with a Z-180 often have nice big 128K byte SOIC SRAMs.

Got a taker for this one, thanks. Yeah, the RAM in this one is 128KB one. Interesting big chips in it--Z180, SIO, PIO, CTC and a TDK 212 modem chip. Oh, and an OKI clock chip. Battery is a soldered-in coin cell, which probably means that these things are tossed when it runs out. I was surprised that the one in this terminal was still keeping the right time after sitting on the shelf, unpowered for 10+ years. 2-board design.

Back