• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Panasonic Business Partner 150 (Tandy 1100 FD) ROM image

Yep, that riser is for the backlight inverter. It gets its power/control from that ribbon cable going to the right.

You can retrofit one into another 1100FD.

I did try ordering a service manual from UED.net for the CF-150. Not sure if they will be able to fulfill it, and their ordering system is wonky.

SHIPTO 05/13/20 MSC SM-CF150B SERVICE MANUAL $19.64 0 0 0 0
SHIPTO 05/13/20 MSC SM-CFBA161 SERVICE MANUAL $9.00 0 0 0 0

The backlight isn't my biggest concern, to be honest. It's pretty readable without it, though a polarizer would be nice for playing games, since the pallet is inverted. CGA games are still playable, but the wonky "colours" can mess you up at first.

$20 USD isn't bad. I'd like to trouble you for a scan of the pinout for that connector, if it has them.

The backlight isn't my biggest concern, to be honest. It's pretty readable without it, though a polarizer would be nice for playing games, since the pallet is inverted. CGA games are still playable, but the wonky "colours" can mess you up at first.

$20 USD isn't bad. I'd like to trouble you for a scan of the pinout for that connector, if it has them.

Just following back up - they finally cancelled my orders for the service manuals. "No longer available" - surprised it took them months to do so.

This zip file has the journey this guy did back in the day, to add the ram expansion that you could buy with the partner to the Tandy 1100FD he owned. It looks like he bought the original service manual and figured out if you ordered the connector, then the memory addon from Panasonic you could get the TSR to work with a few debug hacks.

Myself I have unsoldered the desk mate rom from my Tandy to copy, but while I am sure I have all 512k of it I am at a loss of rom is correct. It looks like a TC534000 but the ChipMax2 I have only reads TC531001CP so I read it in 128k blocks, toggling A17 and A18. I HAVE data, but I am guess the rom Deskmate is loaded as a rom and not like a floppy image like it is on a Toshiba T1000. I am going to see about reading the rom manually using a program from my Tandy to compare, if so I will post the rom. Thought to be frank, I am planning on removing the rom and using an old Disk-On-Chip 96MEG I got laying around.

Attachments

• 1100fd.zip
    65.4 KB · Views: 25
Back