• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

PC-04 Reader/Punch cables wanted

paper tape cables

paper tape cables

There are some cables on eBay right now. He labels them TC08 paper tape cables. I am not sure if they are paper tape or mag tape. Might want to check it out. I found them by searching on "pdp", and then once I found the 8e I searched his other auctions. Good luck.

TC08 is DECtape, BC08 is a 40-pin cable, etc.

TC08 is DECtape, BC08 is a 40-pin cable, etc.

The TC08 is a DECtape controller. From looking at the pile of stuff in the picture, there appear to be some BC08 cables in the pile. On the left of the picture, it looks like there are/were some paddle cards affixed to some of the cables.

Since the auction is over, knowing about what was for sale doesn't really help you now, but instead, you could always pick up a pair of prototyping cards from Douglas Electronics and make a cable.

I might have to do that myself - I've just "discovered" that in every PC05 is a set of M705(0)/M710/M715 cards that would easily migrate into my PDP-8/i so I wouldn't have to keep moving the cards _and_ the cable from my PDP-8/L when I want to switch things around. Pretty sneaky on DEC's part to recycle PDP-8 parts into a PDP-11 peripheral.

If only I could find an M840 and get the -8/e into the paper-tape action. I'm debugging it now, and would really like to be able to read my diagnostic tapes quickly.

-ethan

Back