• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

PC XT power supply doesn't work

retrolab

Hello.
I have a XT power supply that have 3 broken diodes. The reference is GI522 but I can't find this component in Google. This 3 diodes are part of a rectifier bridge of 4 in the AC input. Does anyone know what diode could be compatible with that? Thanks in advance.

Not familiar with the diode number. I know there's a GI752 rectifier diode. Could that be it?

All the references in the diode are: 315 7GI522.
If there is a compatible diode I think that my problem is solved. The power supply is 220v 130W. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• 20231030_195742.jpg
    20231030_195742.jpg
    775.9 KB · Views: 8
Since the diodes are in the primary, the essential requirements are PRV and current rating. Anything that satisfies those will do. Any 600 PRV 2A diode would work. Heck, you could probably skim by with an lowly 1N4006. Common and cheap as cockroaches.

Last edited:
I have no doubt that you can find a reasonable substitute as has been mentioned. But, you can probably find the exact diode if you can take a few pictures that actually show the number.

Here is your picture cropped and lightened. Two more like that would reveal all of the characters.
diode1.jpg

Once you have the actual number/characters on the diode, it is probably enough, but you can go here http://www.bitsavers.org/components/gi/_dataBooks/ and look it up in one of the GI power semiconductor data books.

I can't find the number that you gave in the 1986 book. But I don't know where you got the "315 7GI522" is that from a parts list or schematic?

It is also possible that they blew because the ones installed were not the intended part.

I don't have the schematic, the reference I wrote is composed of all characters that are printed in the component itself.

I don't have the schematic, the reference I wrote is composed of all characters that are printed in the component itself.
Got ya - thanks for the response. I asked because I see a 615 and you must see a GI5. Don't want to make a big deal out of it. Hope you get it fixed - let us know.

Back