• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

PCMCIA to CF adapter recommendations

3lectr1c

Veteran Member
My current PCMCIA to CF adapter (SanDisk brand) just refuses to work with Windows 9x. I’ve done enough troubleshooting across probably close to a dozen laptops to know it’s not drivers, and I highly doubt it’s the cards I’m using either.
Not one 9x laptop mounts the card, and while they do typically recognize it’s been inserted, they just don’t get all the way. I also experience lockups and freezing with it connected on all of my 9x laptops.
Interestingly enough though, it works flawlessly on Mac OS, both classic and OS X on my PowerBooks, and works fine on Windows XP and up as well, maybe earlier versions of NT too but I haven’t tested.

So that’s to say - I’d like to pick up an adapter known to work well in 9x. I have other methods of file transfer (LapLink or pulling the hard drive out) but they’re much slower and/or inconvenient.

What do y’all use that works?

I use this one with no issues on win3.11 and win95... IBM branded one.

Attachments

• s-l1200.jpg
    s-l1200.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 5
Ah, that’s the one compatible with the thicker IBM Microdrives. They’re actually pretty cheap on eBay surprisingly, I may just pick one of those up. I do own a 340MB Microdrive as well so it would be nice to be able to put it to use.

Back