• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

PDP-11/44 CIS Modules

cchhrriiss11

Experienced Member
I'm wondering if someone here recently bought the M7091 PDP-11/44 CIS Control module that was listed on eBay a little while ago? (https://www.ebay.com/itm/295613627096)

I had bids on both it and the M7092 PDP-11/44 Data Path/Logic module. Funny enough, I was outbid on the M7091 but not the M7092.

Needless to say, that leaves two people without a functional set (and these are quite rare).

I guess I'll keep hunting for a M7091.... :)

-Chris

I'm sorry Chris, that was me who snapped up that M7091. And Dave is exactly right -- I bought the companion M7092 only a month prior. From the same seller no less.

I had messaged him to see if he had the matching M7091. He checked and found it, and also made the comment "at one point in time we had an entire 11-44 test bed". I'm not sure what that means exactly, but the M7091, 92 and 93 (FP11-F) were listed a few weeks thereafter. You should ask him if he's got another 91 that pairs with the second 92 that you now have.

You know, it's not out of the question to clone that M7091. The board is dirt simple. Although I have not been able to find the FMPS anywhere online (Manx claims it's MP00813). If anyone has a paper copy I'll gladly _pay you_ to borrow it, get it scanned, and up on bitsavers et al. where it belongs. I also intend on dumping and uploading the PROMs at some point.

Apologies, but at least the 91 hasn't disappeared somewhere completely inaccessible.

John

I'm sorry Chris, that was me who snapped up that M7091. And Dave is exactly right -- I bought the companion M7092 only a month prior. From the same seller no less.

I had messaged him to see if he had the matching M7091. He checked and found it, and also made the comment "at one point in time we had an entire 11-44 test bed". I'm not sure what that means exactly, but the M7091, 92 and 93 (FP11-F) were listed a few weeks thereafter. You should ask him if he's got another 91 that pairs with the second 92 that you now have.

You know, it's not out of the question to clone that M7091. The board is dirt simple. Although I have not been able to find the FMPS anywhere online (Manx claims it's MP00813). If anyone has a paper copy I'll gladly _pay you_ to borrow it, get it scanned, and up on bitsavers et al. where it belongs. I also intend on dumping and uploading the PROMs at some point.

Apologies, but at least the 91 hasn't disappeared somewhere completely inaccessible.

John
Hey John,

No problem at all! I'm just happy it went to someone else here on the forum. :)

Thanks for the suggestion to send the seller a message, I'll do that.

Yeah, I had a feeling by looking at the board that it was pretty straight forward. Of the two, I'd imagine that the M7092 is the one to get.

-Chris

Back