• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Pentium 200 non-MMX processor

ArchAngel

I have a P54C motherboard that I have pretty tripped out now as a secondary Windows system. 64MB EDO RAM, 512KB L2 chache, however the fastest processors I have for it are only a Pentium 133 and an IBM 6x86 P150+ 120MHz. So therefore, if anyone has a Pentium 200 non-MMX processor that they are not using, please get in touch with me.

If a 200 cannot be found, I'd also consider a 166 or 150. Anything faster than 133, really.

Re: Pentium 200 non-MMX processor

ArchAngel said:
I have a P54C motherboard that I have pretty tripped out now as a secondary Windows system. 64MB EDO RAM, 512KB L2 chache, however the fastest processors I have for it are only a Pentium 133 and an IBM 6x86 P150+ 120MHz. So therefore, if anyone has a Pentium 200 non-MMX processor that they are not using, please get in touch with me.

If a 200 cannot be found, I'd also consider a 166 or 150. Anything faster than 133, really.

I dunno, remind me in a week or so. My son has one that we're not sure if he can use, but he's in Arkansas right now. After he has a chance to try it in his machine, then we'll know if it's available. (I'm pretty sure his only goes up to 166MHz).

--T

Is the difference between 133 and 166 really that noticible? If I remember correctly, there is no FSB which affects memory fetches; only a CPU base frequency and multiplier? At least I didn't notice any dramatic differences when working with those machines a few years ago. Of course, if you have a supply of working parts, you may want to use the best ones.

However, I believe if you can upgrade to a P55C motherboard and get a MMX processor, you should see a significant difference if running an OS and software optimized and compiled for the MMX instruction set.

Just a notification that I will no longer require this processor.

Thanks to all who replied. :)

Back