• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Pentium -s 100 MHz and OS/2 Warp 3.

Ii found my OS/2 WARP 4.

I installed PC DOS 6.30 and mTCP.

I then installed OS/2.

I can run the mTCP programmes from a DOS box in OS/2.

SUPER MICRO

P6SBU

With Pentium II

It has 3 onboard SCSI ports. Two onboard IDE ports and onboard Floppy drive port.

there are 2 SCSI CD-ROMs and one SCSI HDD.

Booting this PC checks RAM and passes.

However, WAIT ...
And a flashing cursor. Nothing happens for about 10 minutes and continues to error message about IDE drives. I went into the BIOS and disabled the IDE ports and all is well. I might put WfW 3.11 on it or maybe win 95.

SUPER MICRO

P6SBU

With Pentium II

It has 3 onboard SCSI ports. Two onboard IDE ports and onboard Floppy drive port.

there are 2 SCSI CD-ROMs and one SCSI HDD.

Booting this PC checks RAM and passes.

However, WAIT ...
And a flashing cursor. Nothing happens for about 10 minutes and continues to error message about IDE drives. I went into the BIOS and disabled the IDE ports and all is well. I might put WfW 3.11 on it or maybe win 95.
You may as well skip Win 3.11 and WfW 3.11 and go straight to Win95 OSR 2.x. Linux and the various BSDs are also options.

Don't the Supermicro P6 boards run P3s?
Most of the Supermicro P6 boards run both PIII and PII CPUs. From the manual:
The SUPER P6DBS/P6DBE/P6DBU/P6SBU/P6SBS/P6SBA/
P6SBM supports CeleronTM SEPP 266-433 MHz, Pentium® II 233-450 MHz
and 100 MHz FSB speed Pentium III processors up to 700 MHz. (*Note:
Currently, SUPER P6DBE/P6DBU/P6SBU/P6SBA motherboard supports CPU
speeds up to 1GHz with 100MHz FSB speed.)

I have installed warp 4.52 and can connect to the Internet. Tested with Mr brutman,s site. Success. Couldn't connect to vcfed.

I let os2 long format the scsi drive and removed one of the CD drive so there wouldn,t be confusing the install programme.

XT-IDE with OS/2 and a Pentium? Not a chance, I'd say--unless you can find a OS/2 protected-mode driver for it. I'm not aware that anyone bothered to write one.

I've setup pc dos 6.3 in a fat primary partition. Os/2 installed itself in a logical partition. I've installed os/2s boot manager so I can choose dos or os/2. I'm going to put in a 5.25" fdd and use this machine, pentium ii, as a tweener.

I can run mTCP under dos. Ftpserver works. Ircjr accesses the slashnet server but times out at the ident stage something about name prefixed by ~

Edit: I'm searching for an IRC client for OS/2

Last edited:
> there are 2 SCSI CD-ROMs and one SCSI HDD.

Is your Config.sys and Autoexec.bat files configured to run both CD-Rom's in case you need to boot into PCDOS?
If so, how did you achieve that. If not I guess you would be happy for just the one to be up and running. Warp, like W95/98 > has it's own boot and set-up files so the multi-drive situation is handled, for us humans, seamlessly.

Kev

I haven't set up the PC DOS to run the two SCSI CD drives. Using a BackPack HDD to move files to that PC. Can't get access to mTCP ftp server from Windows 11. And ircjr doesn't finishing the connection.

On the OS/2 I have irc.exe installed. It is looking for a HOSTNAME in the config.sys file. Have to read up on that.

XT-IDE with OS/2 and a Pentium? Not a chance, I'd say--unless you can find a OS/2 protected-mode driver for it. I'm not aware that anyone bothered to write one.
Well, OS/2 comes with IBMINT13.I13 which uses the INT 13h interface. I've never used it, and it surely won't be fast (shouldn't matter on an 8-bit data path, though).

Back