• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

PET 8032-32B How many chips should be missing on the m/b?

I don't suppose anyone knows if there is a 8032 clone PCB available. I can find a clone PCB for the 2001 but nothing for the 8032.

For the price that these motherboards are going on eBay it might be cheaper (and lots more fun) to build one from scratch.

Are there any high res pics of a bareboned motherboard available - I'm happy to spend a few weeks doing the layout in KiCad as a education piece. Would be good to get this into a cad anyway for troubleshooting/preservation reasons.
There was. The Mini PET 40/80D was a drop in replacement for any 40 or 80 col PET, but they have sold out and aren't planning to make any more at this time.
You might be able to find on on EBay but the price on those new was even higher than what real PET boards are going for.

Update: He has some kits available on his web store (Mini PET V1.58B). No 80 column versions but the 40 columns version is configurable to use with the 12" screen.

Last edited:
Interesting project. Crazy prices though.

Will keep watching on eBay to see if any other boards come up but as with all the retro stuff the price just goes one way.

I've managed to find all the schematics/layout and a few hi res pics of motherboards. In the meantime I'll start adding all the details to KiCad

Thanks, that's a big help.

I also found a few modern clones based on the 2001 but as you said nothing for the 80 column board. Shouldn't be too difficult with the pics and circuit diagram to come up with something. Opened up the CRT and it looks like the pics you posted. So at least someone didnt swap out the CRT board with some other junk they had lying around :)

I have a fully restored 9" PET VDU with a new CRT, re-capped cabinet re-finished, mods to improve focus and H scan linearity and after-glow spot fix. I have it as a "spare part" for my 2001 Pet. It is possibly a low probability I would end up using it. Though usually when I sell something I tend to regret it later and suddenly have use for it !

If you got really desperate I could be persuaded to sell it, you could contact me, but it wouldn't be cheap and the shipping cost from AU would probably be at least $100.

Back