• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Mid Atlantic Pittsburgh, PA - Some Vintage Equipment Needs New Home

Covers: New York, Pensylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC.
I also have two Osborne computers (I believe that they are 1s, but condition is unknown) and a Kaypro 2 (not sure which model but taken apart for me to fix) available. I would like to trade the lot for one good, working Kaypro with, at least, the CP/M boot disk.

Again, I am not able to ship these; in addition to my physical troubles, I don't even have the packing material to give them a good chance of making the trip in one piece. So, these need to be local pick up.

I'll be bringing an old pickup anyway, so if you want me to come earlier and help lift stuff and move a load or two to your new place I can.

That 386 lunchbox sounds delightful too, but I don't want to be too much of a pig, haha.

I'll be bringing an old pickup anyway, so if you want me to come earlier and help lift stuff and move a load or two to your new place I can.
Does your pickup have a back seat? I do not have any packing material for the terminals, so the best place for them would be on the seat, with the screen facing the back of the seat, and buckled in with the seat belt. It would also be a good idea for you to bring some packing material for anything else that you are picking up.
That 386 lunchbox sounds delightful too, but I don't want to be too much of a pig, haha.
Yeah, it was kind of nice, but Jesse already picked it up.
I do sort of, almost remember that I got two of those, but have not seen the other for many years (if I'm even right about getting two.) If I do find it, you may have it, but that won't be for several weeks/months - if ever.

Nah, they're standard cab, but I am going to bring a bunch of old blankets and some big boxes and some straps. I was planning to wrap up that ADM3 and buckle it into the passenger seat, and wrap and box up that H-19 and strap it on the back where it won't slide around. I suspect that the ADM3 is by far the more fragile of the two. I have a big metal air freight box that I used to carry vintage radio stuff around in, if the H19 will fit into it, but I am not sure if it will. And a pallet and a tarp to keep everything up and dry, just in case (although I think the chance of rain is pretty low this weekend). I keep feed bags and mineral blocks and such bone dry like that in the rain, so I am not too worried about it other than if it's raining while I am loading heh. And that metal box doesn't leak, assuming the machine will fit.

I may just swing by a Harbor Freight on the way and get another big metal box. I need another one anyway.

I have a big metal air freight box that I used to carry vintage radio stuff around in, if the H19 will fit into it, but I am not sure if it will.
The manual (http://koyado.com/heathkit/H19C_Terminal_files/Heath Z19 Terminal Operating Manual.pdf) shows 13" high x 17" wide x 20" deep, and that is what I measured on mine.

As far as the rain goes, they will each fit into a plastic garbage bag, which will keep them dry for the walk to your truck.

Could you remind me what you are taking, please? (refer to OP and replies #40-44 above.)

Last edited:
The manual (http://koyado.com/heathkit/H19C_Terminal_files/Heath Z19 Terminal Operating Manual.pdf) shows 13" high x 17" wide x 20" deep, and that is what I measured on mine.

As far as the rain goes, they will each fit into a plastic garbage bag, which will keep them dry for the walk to your truck.

Could you remind me what you are taking, please? (refer to OP and replies #40-44 above.)

I'm mainly interested in the H-19 and the ADM3 terminals, but if when I get there there are still things people haven't claimed and you need them out of your way, then I imagine we can work something out. I don't want to be too greedy though! Those Osbornes and Kaypro are cool, but I suspect that someone else who is more of a CP/M enthusiast would rather have them!

If there are others wanting smaller items shipped, I imagine I can pitch in on that since I'm going to ship that 286 board to that other fellow anyway, but I'd rather not be responsible for poorly packing something big and fragile and getting it mashed up. D: But if someone wanted me to pick something up for them and meet them in the vicinity of Moorefield, WV or Harrisonburg, VA, I could bring some things back with me and then pass them along to save someone a trip all the way to PA.

If there are any video cards can you grab them, ISA or VLB? Most likely a long shot but if there are can you please add them with the motherboard?

Thank you again both you ahead of time! Birthday is next week, so ending up being a great present from the forum... I am very greatful. :)

I’m local to Pittsburgh and would love to give the AIM-65 a good home - happy to take some of the 386 and 486 boxes if no one else is interested.

I’m local to Pittsburgh and would love to give the AIM-65 a good home - happy to take some of the 386 and 486 boxes if no one else is interested.
The AIM-65 is yours then. When can you come get it?
Also, all I know for sure is that the computers are mid-towers, and they have been around for several/many years. They may be 386, 486 or Pentiums, no certainty of which.

The AIM-65 is yours then. When can you come get it?
Also, all I know for sure is that the computers are mid-towers, and they have been around for several/many years. They may be 386, 486 or Pentiums, no certainty of which.
I’m out of town through the weekend - would Monday or Tuesday evening work for you? I can PM you with my email and cell.

I’m out of town through the weekend - would Monday or Tuesday evening work for you? I can PM you with my email and cell.
We are actually moving tonight. We will be coming back several times over the next few weeks - mostly day time though.

We live in Beechview (southern side of the city,) and are moving to Hookstown (next to Racoon Creek Park,) would it be better for me to take it to our new place, or should we try to work out a different time (I could arrange staying until early evening one day - even this Monday or Tuesday.)

I PMed my contact info to you.

I saw from your PM that you come from Detroit - you have a very different idea of local than I do! :ROFLMAO:
Oh well, if you are willing to travel from Detroit to Pittsburgh, let me know when. (I am joking. ;))

I hate to have to do this, but I am now offering up my two SWTPC cases, each with both motherboards, and several boards. I remember that there is at least one original CPU card, and I believe that there is a 6809 card (IIRC.) I also have several binders full of the original manuals.

I also have a TI buss extender board (I believe that it is for the TI 99/4, but I can't find any info on it as it is at my old house, and I am at the new one.)

I will try to post some pictures of these items tomorrow.

Grabbing a Mac does not disqualify you from helping me out by providing a good home to "me poor bairns." :p (I need to get my "Old Scotty" avatar and set it up in my profile.)

Like I said, as far as my (ailing) memory goes, I may have a 6809 CPU board. Let me check when I get back to the old house. For the first time since we moved last Thursday, I will not be making my daily trip back to the old place tomorrow - we are making a run down to Little Washington to pick up a couple things that our daughter bought for the house. I should be going back on Friday, though.

I will need you to come over to my house, in stead of the Guardian place, though - I will probably get charged with desertion if I try to go some place fun. ;)

I will need you to come over to my house, in stead of the Guardian place, though - I will probably get charged with desertion if I try to go some place fun. ;)
Yeah that's totally fine (though I'd probably be up for another Guardian adventure in the future ;). I see from above your old house is in Beechview, which is an easy drive for me. I could come after work on Friday, around 5:30pm maybe? Or earlier on Saturday if that's better. I can also help you with some packing/lifting if you'd like.

Obviously no worries on which CPU; I hear the 6800 board is more compatible, but if you have the 6809 card it'll be faster of course.

My wife says that we can be at the old house Friday (tomorrow) evening, if that will work for you. We should be there sometime Saturday, but we don't have any specific times planned. Let me know if you would prefer Saturday, and we can work out the timing.

I'd probably be up for another Guardian adventure in the future ;)
Yeah, that will be fun - maybe in a few weeks after we get settled a bit. There is another one nearer to here, I'll have to scope out that place, and see if they have any good stuff.

Back