• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Portable Microprocessor Training Lab info needed

kobayashimaru

Hey.
I'm not sure if this goes here or with portables. Move it as you see fit.

About a month ago I picked up at an estate sale microprocessor training lab made by Integrated Computer Systems. It is a Intel 8080 single board computer with a power supply along with a separate IO board and some kind of analog control board in a portable typewriter type suitcase. The main board has 4 EPROMs and 4k of RAM with room for an additional 4k. It has a hex keypad plus function buttons and two banks of four 7 segment LED displays. It also has connections for cassette, TTY and RE232. Lastly, it has a ribbon cable connector marked S-100. The second board has additional connections for terminal and cassette as well as more RAM and interrupt logic. The third board in directly connected to the second and features a speaker, a motor with a propeller and a thermistor.
At the same sale, I also picked up a dual 8 inch floppy drive made by RCA. Could it have been used with this system?

I really want to play with this, but I could really use some documentation for the thing. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

If no one has info, you may just have to disassemble the code
and go from there.
It does sound like it may have been significantly modified from its
original state for a custom application.
Most of these 8080 boards used code similar if not identical to
Intel's single boards. You might look at how the SDK85 works
as Intel made them after seeing how popular these 8080 boards
were.
Dwight

If no one has info, you may just have to disassemble the code
and go from there.
It does sound like it may have been significantly modified from its
original state for a custom application.
Most of these 8080 boards used code similar if not identical to
Intel's single boards. You might look at how the SDK85 works
as Intel made them after seeing how popular these 8080 boards
were.
Dwight

I do not have nearly the knowledge required to do that. I'm just starting out trying to figure out assembly

Back