• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Powder Blue of 50s, 60s, and 70s; does it have an official name? Or even unofficial?

Speaking of baby blue, they've nearly finished tearing down the HP Blue Box building. I'd rather they had renovated it, even it if it was just the shell of a building. :( It's always been there, sort of iconic as you drive by on highway 237. Same with the Moffet hangers. At least Google is keeping them around, even if it's for their silly private jets.

When did LMSC sell that to HP? I've been away a long time...

I can't think of one AMC car that I think is ugly
Pacer, Gremlin, Matador, Eagle Wagon...

Though for the latter two of those, they could be attractive cars so long as they didn't have the crappy fake-wood sticker down the side that started peeling at the corners a week after you got it off the lot.

For every AMX, Javelin, Marlin, Hornet or Wasp -- all of which were quite nice looking, there was a Gremlin, Pacer, Eagle, Concord or *SHUDDER* Ambassador Wagon.

Seriously, Ambassador Wagon -- how the hell did they EVER sell those? I mean they make the "Wagon Queen Family Truckster" look good.

Though the Ambassador Brougham was a decent enough looking a ride...

... and I guess I can't be too hard on the AMC Eagle; I mean, if it was good enough for BMW to copy it with modern hardware as the X6...

Pacer, Gremlin, Matador, Eagle Wagon...
Alls I can say is, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess..:rolleyes:

Though for the latter two of those, they could be attractive cars so long as they didn't have the crappy fake-wood sticker down the side that started peeling at the corners a week after you got it off the lot.
Mine isn't peeling, but it's severely faded and containing saltwater. I'd have taken it off long ago (I don't like the Simulated Woodgrain look anyway), but I think the car wouldn't look right without it.

For every AMX, Javelin, Marlin, Hornet or Wasp -- all of which were quite nice looking, there was a Gremlin, Pacer, Eagle, Concord or *SHUDDER* Ambassador Wagon.

... and I guess I can't be too hard on the AMC Eagle; I mean, if it was good enough for BMW to copy it with modern hardware as the X6...

Especially if you like the Hornet. There's very little difference in the looks.

Sweet holy Hannah, do you really want to bring the 1970s color schemes back?

1.jpg

I remember having to endure, in succession, dirty moss-colored shag carpeting, followed by dirty-burnt-orange-colored shag. Horrible. I remember a bit later, that the new ETA headquarters in St.Paul were sort of a post-industrial modern, complete with eye-achingly bright primary color fabrics all over everything... Then there was the Pompidou Center in Paris, which reminded me more of a refinery than a museum.

I guess I'm hopeless--particularly after being shown back then, case designs for a desktop computer in bright green, orange and blue.

I happen to think that the industrial design community back then suffered from some horrible eye ailment.

I remember having to endure, in succession, dirty moss-colored shag carpeting, followed by dirty-burnt-orange-colored shag. Horrible.

I removed the 'dirty moss-colored shag carpeting' from my house in 2004. (Good description, BTW) (You might not like the very striking primary red carpet that I replaced some of it with:D)

I have yet to be able to afford to replace the 'dirty-burnt-orange-colored shag' that is in my family room, dining room, stairwell, and upstairs hallway. :(

I removed the 'dirty moss-colored shag carpeting' from my house in 2004. (Good description, BTW) (You might not like the very striking primary red carpet that I replaced some of it with.

I ripped it all out and replaced it with good old red oak hardwood. The most insane thing about the installation was that the stairs heading to the basement had the shag on them also--talk about spoiling for a fall... I replaced it with a nice combination of anti-slip 12x12 ceramic tile with oak edging. Still looks nice after 24 years.

I was SO glad when my new landlord two years ago gave me all new appliances and countertops -- finally made the avocado colored fridge and stove with the matching orange countertops go away.

I was only a grade schooler in the '70's, so I have to ask, just how much LSD and weed did it take for people to choose those colours by choice?

the stairs heading to the basement had the shag on them also--talk about spoiling for a fall...

The stairs to my upper floor still have orange-brown-tan-whatever shag carpet. I have to be very careful when people are in my house. When I had the dirty-moss carpets replaced, the carpet installer almost broke his neck on the orange-brown-tan carpet.

I was SO glad when my new landlord two years ago gave me all new appliances and countertops -- finally made the avocado colored fridge and stove with the matching orange countertops go away.

I was only a grade schooler in the '70's, so I have to ask, just how much LSD and weed did it take for people to choose those colours by choice?

Not that much, but it was all good, man.

3.jpg

Back