• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

PRO RX50 controller firmware

leegleason

Experienced Member
Has anyone copied the firmware out of the 8051 on the PRO RX50 controller? I'd like to have a look at it and see how hard it would be to add format capability.

In the Soviet clone Elektronika-85, both formatting and support for the second side were added.
Interesting. I wonder if the cloning is similar enough that its code would be useful for this project. Are you aware of any sites that would have information about the Elektronika-85's diskette controller? If it uses an 8051 and an FDC1793, I may be able to use its code. That would be a sort of Zen justice....

Electronicа-85 was made in Voronezh, they made one-on-one clones there, so they used (originally) 8051 in it, and then its Soviet clone. I will try to find out about firmware with formatting function and firmware with support for two sides - with a good degree of probability they have been readed.

I found a firmware, guaranteed with the function of formatting and working with two sides. I'm trying to clarify - with what program the floppy disks were formatted.

Checking to see how this is going, I have an extra floppy controller with a bad 8051 myself....

Back