Clock Speed - 2.4 GHz
Performance Index - 3700+
Processor Instruction Set - 3DNOW! · 3DNOW!+ · Intel MMX · SSE · SSE2
Compatible RAM - DDR SDRAM
L2 Cache Size - 1024 KB
L1 Cache Size -128 KB

sale for 175 or trade, lookin 4 a athlon 64 3400 2.4 ghz
hit me up if ur interested

You do realise that going form a 3700+ to a 3400+ is downgrading instead of upgrading right?

-Vlad

Maybe his motherboard doesn't support 3700+, and it was not possible to return it to the store? I wonder if there are dual Athlon64 motherboards, and in that case if it still is required that both CPUs run at the same clock frequency.

A far as I know, you can't have dual AMD Athlons. I'm pretty sure thats not supported as of this time. I could be wrong though. I know 32-bit wise you can get quad mobos for about as much as my car costs.

-V

vlad said:
A far as I know, you can't have dual AMD Athlons. I'm pretty sure thats not supported as of this time. I could be wrong though. I know 32-bit wise you can get quad mobos for about as much as my car costs.

-V

My car only cost me a hundred buck$. How many computerz could I buy for that price?

--T

At least Opteron used to come in dual/quad configurations, but that may be a different internal architecture (as well as different pinout configuration) than Athlon 64. I haven't looked into that segment recently. I also remember Athlon-MP which was good old Athlon (before XP) in multi processor configuration. We considered putting together a such computer, and compared to Intel Pentium III Xeon (or even Pentium IV Xeon) costs and performance differences.

Back