• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • Exhibitor application for VCF West 2022 is now open! If you are interested in exhibiting, please fill out the form here.
  • Here are the results of the VCF East 2022 Post Event Survey: Survey Results

Recent Iconic Computer Pickups

I picked up a ton of vintage computers here last week. Included were these three, among lots of others.

What do you all know about these (well, I do know about the IIE, but wondered about the others. I seem to need boot disks for the Lisa and Compaq, but they do seem to be working)?

Apple_Lisa.JPG

Apple_IIE.JPG

Compaq_Luggable.JPG

tezza

Veteran Member
Good haul!

Funny how those Apple IIe spacebars always seem to discolour that way. Mine looked the same before de-yellowing.

Tez

tezza

Veteran Member
Interesting shape the Lisa. There is almost something "animal-like" about it. Like it's ready to pounce!

Tez

If that is a boot error on the screen then the Widget drive might be shot.

I thought it was just because I don't have any boot software. Should it boot on it's own without a disk put in? I will have to plug it in again and see what it says here, can't remember.

NeXT

Veteran Member
I thought it was just because I don't have any boot software. Should it boot on it's own without a disk put in? I will have to plug it in again and see what it says here, can't remember.

Unless the OS was not installed on the drive it should boot from it.
I got a bunch of Lisa 3 1/2" floppies imaged someplace on my server. If you want to try them I could see if I can zip them up and email them to you. Also, where is your mouse?

EDIT: better yet, Just look here. Software galore.

Last edited: