• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

rekindled commodore love

sixty4k

Name's mike. My first computer, and probably the reason I make a living working on computers, was the Vic-20. Followed not long after with a c64 (then a 128).

Currently I've got a collection of relatively new dumpster dived pc's running various linuxes (not so much vintage at all really, but kinda helps paint the picture of me). Just picked up a 64 again, and I'm totally stoked to get it all set up and working again (got a handful of drives and dead 64s as well). And, almost accidentally, won a SX-64 on ebay. (totally surpirsed as I didn't put in a particularly high bid)

I'm still looking for a midi interface for the 64, but fear that it's really time to clear some room in the garage and break out the soldering iron.

Welcome to the VC Forum!

I can appreciate your love of Commodore. Although I never owned one "way back when" I've got a bunch now and they are a lot of fun!

Enjoy!

Erik

Hi Sixty, I'm a fellow C= user/collector. I have almost every C= computer model made at this point...only missing a C=128D, and a few Amiga models. I got myself an SX-64 a number of years ago at a Hamfest, and while the internal drive is non-op, the machine is still very usable(I used information on Ray Carlson's website to change the internal drive's # to 10), and hard-mounted a 1581 to the case. I posted a picture of it on the Commodore forum(of this site). http://vintage-computer.com/vcforum/viewtopic.php?t=1409 <]----click the link for the actual thread.

Visit often, and if you have any problems getting one of those 64's to work, just post the problem and we'll try to help you out.

I can say the same thing although my second computer was a VIC. I have two 64's, two 128's and a Plus/4 with one of the first two set up and reasonably well supported with peripherals. I've downloaded a number of old games, utilities and operating system that make running them a breeze! I was given a number of old books, magazines and programs that keep me from losing my love for them. My only regret is that I didn't get involved with users groups early enough!

RLE :shock:

Back