• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Reliable 15KHz capable RGB LED panels.

cj7hawk

Veteran Member
15KHz capable LCD panels... Seems very hit and miss, and I've seen a LOT of "confirmed" models that are just faked, I suspect put there by people who had a few and thought maybe it would help them sell at a higher price.

Are there any in manufacture today or is it all hit and miss with the older stuff? And the prices it goes for are rather risky given they are unrepairable *and* old in most cases.

I know 15KHz CVBS is easy enough to find - but 15KHz RGB is getting rather difficult.

Any good suggestions?

I have used a couple of NEC Multisync LCD1970NX very successfully for years, but then converged on the Dell P2314Ht, which has proven itself with a number of quirky signals, including my Sharp X68000.

I have used a couple of NEC Multisync LCD1970NX very successfully for years, but then converged on the Dell P2314Ht, which has proven itself with a number of quirky signals, including my Sharp X68000.
Does it allow aspect-ratio switching to 4:3 or is it locked to 16:9?

The old NEC Multisync LCD 2000 was a great display; big screen, a real tank and 5 BNC connectors rated for 15KHz on up... I used one for quite a few years. Expensive as hell when it first came out.

I had a real struggle finding a good 15khz LCD. You're right, I think the list of models that are out there are questionable at best. I ended up buying one of these testing devices on eBay and then hit a few local thrift stores and quickly found a few that worked. I needed them for an Amstrad CPC and an Atari ST.

To rub salt into the wound, I was speaking to my boss on Monday, and we got talking about Multisyncs, and he said "I just took mine to the tip yesterday. They aren't worth anything anymore." then he went quiet when I told him what they were worth now. He didn't know I was looking for one. Then I asked if it was the model with a flap on top and he said, "I don't know. It was still sealed in it's box since I bought it. It was the first model they ever made."... Well we both felt kind of ill after that. :(

He also threw out a box of ISA cards. I made him promise to give me anything else he throws out when he cleans up next - since I know he still has a near-new 5051 squirreled away. :(

So I'm back to looking. Just bought the Dell P2314Ht mentioned... I got a different Dell previously, and despite some sites saying it worked, I found it recognized the sync quite well. Told me it was 15KHz next to text that said NOT SUPPORTED. :( I need something for my PC-8801 to plug into.

To rub salt into the wound, I was speaking to my boss on Monday, and we got talking about Multisyncs, and he said "I just took mine to the tip yesterday. They aren't worth anything anymore." then he went quiet when I told him what they were worth now. He didn't know I was looking for one. Then I asked if it was the model with a flap on top and he said, "I don't know. It was still sealed in it's box since I bought it. It was the first model they ever made."... Well we both felt kind of ill after that. :(

He also threw out a box of ISA cards. I made him promise to give me anything else he throws out when he cleans up next - since I know he still has a near-new 5051 squirreled away. :(

So I'm back to looking. Just bought the Dell P2314Ht mentioned... I got a different Dell previously, and despite some sites saying it worked, I found it recognized the sync quite well. Told me it was 15KHz next to text that said NOT SUPPORTED. :( I need something for my PC-8801 to plug into.

I think you won't be disappointed by the P2314Ht, I use it regularly with both my X68000 and my 8801MA2... I hope it works for you as well as it does for me.

I think you won't be disappointed by the P2314Ht, I use it regularly with both my X68000 and my 8801MA2... I hope it works for you as well as it does for me.
Thank you for the suggestion - it seems a relatively common model available in many countries. Hopefully they haven't done anything weird with the Australian model. I'll update here. :)

Dell se2722h apparently. I have one but haven't as yet wired up any cables for my retro stuff with rgb out, to prove it. Was just very cheap, brand new, seemed like a good gamble.

Gets good reports with amiga and atari st on other forums....

Yep, confirmed, I am happy with it... I just wish it came in 4:3 size, or maybe half as large as it is... But it works with the 15KHz sync beautifully and I'm also happy I can reassign the user buttons so that one can switch aspect ratio automatically without having to go through the menu system... Great monitor suggestion - :)
Now I have to build cables for my Sinclair QL, ZX Spectrums, JR200, CPC6128 etc. If only it supported CVBS too I'd be completely satisfied.

Back