• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Replacement Power Switch

Denniske1976

Experienced Member
Hi guys,

I recently picked up a really nice mid tower with Pentium guts inside (it was a 386 from brand "Trojan" LOL from 1993). The tower is really nice and very decent build quality (will do some pics when I get the yellowing off). Only problem is: the power switch is damaged and won't flip anymore, it's one of those rocker switches and I thought they'd be available just about everywhere.... they're not, or at least not in 25x25mm size. So I thought maybe I'd try here if anyone knows of a replacement or maybe has one from a damaged/shot case.

It's this one (seems to be a Comelux MD50 since it says CX MD50 on the side):

386alt.jpg
switch01.jpg
switch02.jpg

They were used in a lot of tower computers (I stole the picture of the minitower from the internet).

Best from Dennis

Have you tried taking the switch apart to see why it's frozen? It looks like there are two clips on each side where the black and grey plastic meet, try gently prying them apart.

I checked all of my usual sources, but the best I can find is 31mmx25mm.

Hi and thanx for replying :) Well I know the problem why it won't move anymore: the main switch is cracked (see pic). And while I could just break it off, finding a replacement would be better IMHO...

switch03.jpg

Something like This might do if you can find a source on your side of the world.

Back