• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

S-100 Boards and Peripherals Up for Trade ...

wperko

Experienced Member
Hi,

Boards I am looking for:
Processor Technology VDM-1
Scitronics Real Time Clock
Morrow Thinker toys Disk Jockey I or II
PMMI Modem Potomac MicroMagic Inc. Modem Model: MM103
MITS - 88-VI/RTC Vector Interrupt/Real Time Clock Board
Computime ComputerWatch
MITS Altair 88-MU1 Systhesizer Board
Original DAZZLER board set
Cromemco Joy Stick(s)
MITS 8800 CPU rev.0 or rev.1
other CPU boards 8080 or Z80 that will work with the 88-2SIOJP and FDC+
I could even use a couple of 88-2SIOJP boards and another FDC+ baord

What I have to trade or sell:
ADS PROM Blasters
IMSAI RAM-4A Rev2 Static RAM
Jade Computer Products Serial/Parallel Interrupt board
MITS 88-S4K (Bare Board)
XITEX Dallas SCT-100 Composite Video + Original Manual
CompuPro Interfacer II
TeleTek SBC-1 Z80 CPU w/Manual
SSM 4K Static RAM board

NIB: Intec Color Game Screen (composite video IN)

Novation Apple Cat Modem

Altair-Duino DAZZLER w/two joysticks ... works great with all the original Dazzler software

A Rare Vintage Computer Book on Statistics: "a computer-assisted approach to elementary statistics"

A Commodore CBM 2040 Dual Disk Drive

Four Commodore 1541 Floppy Disk Drives

Shugart 800 8” Floppy Disk Drive
wperko ta brainless tod org

EPROMs …
sixty 2732,
hundred thirty 2764
three 27256

two XILINUX XC3090, XILINUX XC3020 also some other FPGAs,
eight EPM5128JC-2,
five CY7C342-25HC,
four EPM5192JC-1,
three Intel D8751 chips,
four ALTERA EP600DC-3,
four CY7C263-35WC,
four CY7C263-35WMB
eight EPM5128JC-2
five CY7C342-25HC
four EPM5192JC-1
three 8751s
and ten 40-PIN DIP chips, only marking is an A4 on the bottom.

There is a VDM on eBay as of this writing, but I thought the price was a little high.
I would like to talk to you about the SA800, if it's still available.
I have an SD SYS FDC, but unless I can locate a PDS to go with an IMSAI MDS DIO, I probably will hang on to this.

There is a VDM on eBay as of this writing, but I thought the price was a little high.
I would like to talk to you about the SA800, if it's still available.
I have an SD SYS FDC, but unless I can locate a PDS to go with an IMSAI MDS DIO, I probably will hang on to this.

Hi,

I have a Shugart 8" drive: Shugart 800-2 8” Floppy Disk Drive I would be willing to trade the Shugart 800-2 and even one other board for a working VDM-1 board .

Of note though, that VDM-1 card comes with the original manual, that another seller has on for over $60, and on top of that, it is a tested & working card. You seldom get that with most S-100 cards. So it may be a much better buy than you think.

Hi,

My problem is I'm too poor to put out that kind of money with my meager pension, which is why I'm hoping somebody wants some of the stuff I have and can buy the board & manual to trade to me.

Of note though, that VDM-1 card comes with the original manual, that another seller has on for over $60, and on top of that, it is a tested & working card. You seldom get that with most S-100 cards. So it may be a much better buy than you think.
And with shipping it pushes it to almost $300.00, didn't it cost that much in 1976 (taxes from my state WILL push it over $300.00) ; nevertheless, I'm kinda tempted :unsure: because it is easy to use - I had one back in the early 80's and it was a breeze to setup for CP/M and Wordstar...

And with shipping it pushes it to almost $300.00, didn't it cost that much in 1976 (taxes from my state WILL push it over $300.00) ; nevertheless, I'm kinda tempted :unsure: because it is easy to use - I had one back in the early 80's and it was a breeze to setup for CP/M and Wordstar...
Shipping is always the nemesis buying stuff from overseas. You also have to rely on the seller to pack it well, because every stage in the shipping is equivalent to throwing the item down one flight of stairs. So check the seller's feedback and if they pack things well. No point in buying something if it turns up broken.

From the CPI calculator; $300 in 1976 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $1,618.77 today, an increase of $1,318.77 over 47 years.

This means that whoever gets is will pay about 300/1618 or about 18% of its original cost in 1976. Sounds like a bargain to me. Though I don't know how much a VDM-1 & manual cost in 1976, but the ratio would be the same.

Last edited:
Back