• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

SAIC Computer Digital Galaxy 1100 FOR SALE !

bolly92

I have a SAIC Computer 1100 For Parts or Repair ,i plug it in to the wall only a green light flash and it won't boot,but the hardrive is running and fan,maybe the CMOS Needs to be replaced not sure,if you are interested MAKE ME AN OFFER PM !!!

SHIPPING FROM EL CENTRO 92243

DSC04145.jpgDSC04146.jpgDSC04147.jpgView attachment 6993DSC04149.jpg

Attachments

• DSC04151.jpg
    DSC04151.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 3
Weird. Your taxpayer dollars at work, I suppose. I did note that the hard drive was SCSI and that struck me as a bit odd. All in all, this looks like it was assembled from parts in some third-party vendor's box, which I suppose it was.

Might be interesting to someone who likes military or PA-RISC systems.

That thing is pretty crazy. What a kluge. That may be the ugliest computer ever made. I honestly can't remember a worse looking one. I would think it was collectible based on that alone. It is rare for sure. I am pretty sure if they ever made a Macintosh II portable that is what it would have looked like.

Unfortunately, not a lot of people collect pa-risc gear. If you are looking to make money off it you are probably going to have to do ebay. The vintage computer guys are usually only interested in much older HP stuff.

Last edited:
I bought one of these off eBay this year and it really is a decent machine. Case is easy to get into and there's plenty of space to work. Not like a typical laptop where you have to have a microscope to repair it.
It has 2 PCMCIA slots accessible form the front. Interesting that the boot\monitor ROM is Hewlett Packard.
I have OpenBSD installed on mine. I'm not really happy with it though. For some reason, there isn't color graphics support. I may try another Unix flavor at some point.

Very few RISC laptops out there. I think it's odd that nobody is interested in this machine. If it was an IBM RS/6000 laptop people would be all over it.

User's Guide here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?gsrk89q99k142f4

Last edited:
Back