• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Schematics Joule Power 107-001-027 (power supply RX50-R)

Bump, anyone any ideas? The power supply seems to be a third party part. But I was hoping to find the schematics. Thanks in advance!

What about trying to reverse engineer it? I did that for a couple of PSU without schematics. It was quite interesting to learn how they were designed. The PSU you have at hand look sufficently simple to rev eng quite easily.

I was thinking a similar thing but didn't mention it. It's a single layer and the component density is rather low so it's possible to follow the traces (none hidden underneath components) to draw a schematic. Takes time though, that's the problem. But, of course, if there's a schematic out there on the web somewhere, that's even better.

Yes I could draw the schematics indeed. But I thought that DEC was well documented, so I prefer the original schematic instead of spending a few evenings to draw it myself...

Regards, Roland

Maybe we can search the higher level equipment that this supply is from. Where is it used?
I see date codes: 8431 on the high voltage switching transistor and 85?3 on the opto-isolator.

I tried some searches a couple of weeks ago but the word "joule" in company name is unfortunate. There was a lot of noise in the search results.

The power supply is used in the External RX50-R or external hard disks like RD54. In this case a RX50-R with a RD54 mark on the case, but they will probably be the same.

Several of the output capacitors were bad, but I have already replaced them. The power supply worked a full day on a dummy load, but the power supply made a weird noise at switching off. When you switch it off it tries to remain its outputs voltages. You could hear the power make a beeping noise until the mains capacitors were empty too. Now the BUS13A transistor is blown and I think this was caused by a bad solderjoint on the transformer... But I would like to check the electronics first before I put in a new one and that one blows up too...

IMG_20220518_153606.jpg

IMG_20220518_193133.jpg

Last edited:
Back