• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

scored linksys wireles router, laptop netwrk card and usb networkadapter

jjzcp

Experienced Member
Last weekend when i was at a city, i was wanting to get a router and network card to make a network. So, i bought a cheap router and network card from zellers for $45.00 wich was cheap. I then went to a Princess auto (don't know if its in Americia) wich is a giant part shop in all the major cities. I was looking for a part, but it was to expencive, so i went to the surpluss section with had cheap stuff to see it it was there. It wasn't, and to my surprise, there was electronics. I ended up getting a wireless 802.11 B router for $18.00, a wireless USB 802.11 B network adapter for $16.00, and a 802.11 B wireless network card for my laptop which cost $20.00! Man was i shocked, and as soon as i got home i set up the network, and it works!

The wireless router I'm using right now is a very cheep NetGear, which is actually a replacement for my *old* Netgear router, which lasted for about two yearz. All my cardz are the cheepest sh!t available too. They all play well together, but keep in mind when using the cheepest, you get what you pay for. Good luck with your WLAN setup, hope it all works for ya...

--T

This weekend I'm going over to a friend's place to set up a hybrid wired/wireless network with a wireless pc and router and a wired pc and a playstation2. I'm sure glad someone brought up wireless stuff! Here's a link to the topology I'm gonna use. That unlabeled box is a plain-jane hub that I forgot to give a name.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rollmeupa20/detail?.dir=d87a&.dnm=d6bf.jpg&.src=ph

Back