• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

New England SEEKING Apple Lisa Disks and Manuals

Covers: Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island and Maine.

tcolegrove

Experienced Member
I recently completed restoration of a Lisa-1 computer and I would like to obtain a complete set of original 1.0/1.2 Lisa Office System disks and manuals for it. I can offer cash or several desirable trades (early rev. 1 Apple II, DEC equipment, etc). I’d like to use the opportunity to archive the software using BLU so as to make it available to others in the community. Feel free to PM if you have what I seek.

I’ll also add that if you have media on twiggy disks that you would like archived I am set up to do that now and am located in Boston.

Attachments

• 4BE7D666-4BB1-4BE7-B2A9-6440199BB5B4.jpeg
    4BE7D666-4BB1-4BE7-B2A9-6440199BB5B4.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
  • 93D219A8-9C93-461F-9796-192127469678.jpeg
    93D219A8-9C93-461F-9796-192127469678.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 11
Congratulations on your Lisa 1!

Most of LOS 1.0 is on Bitsavers, although LisaCalc is missing. I have a LisaCalc image from my Lisa, albeit serialised to my computer. Version 1.0 of the Workshop is on Bitsavers too.

I know 1.2 has been imaged, but I'm not aware of a copy of LisaTerminal which would have been available to run on 1.2. (LisaTerminal required the 1.2 operating system; 1.0 had a bug that prevented it from operating correctly.) It would be nice if an image of that turned up somewhere.

You will likely be aware that much Twiggy media has now degraded owing to the materials Apple selected for the "cookie". Do you care if the disk and manual set you're looking for has readable disks?

Most of LOS 1.0 is on Bitsavers, although LisaCalc is missing. I have a LisaCalc image from my Lisa, albeit serialised to my computer. Version 1.0 of the Workshop is on Bitsavers too.

I know 1.2 has been imaged, but I'm not aware of a copy of LisaTerminal which would have been available to run on 1.2. (LisaTerminal required the 1.2 operating system; 1.0 had a bug that prevented it from operating correctly.) It would be nice if an image of that turned up somewhere.

You will likely be aware that much Twiggy media has now degraded owing to the materials Apple selected for the "cookie". Do you care if the disk and manual set you're looking for has readable disks?

Yes I'm aware that original disks are unlikely to work. I'd like to have the disks and the original manuals for the sake of completeness. Can you share a link to the images for 1.2?

Have you had any luck deserializing LOS 1.0 disks?

I am aware of a disk deserializing tool for the Lisa but I think it was for the Lisa 2 variants. Never tried it myself but it should still be on Mac Mothership.

Back