• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Slightly off topic, is cctalk dead

Roe

Experienced Member
I'm sure there must be DEC forum members who also subscribe to the cctalk / cctech mailing lists.

Are they dead? I've seen nothing in a few days...

Thanks, and sorry for the OT post.

Last messages I saw from cctalk or cctech were this past Monday, late afternoon. Nothing since then. Probably the server is down.

Last messages I saw from cctalk or cctech were this past Monday, late afternoon. Nothing since then. Probably the server is down.

The mailman database is corrupted. Jay is trying to recover it, but if he can't everyone is going to have to re-register.

lmao I'm glad you said something. I was beginning yesterday to start troubleshooting my phone/gmail account and why it wasn't updating (most of my mail apparently is cctalk so on the 27th I thought my phone started acting up).

wow. you would think something like this would be backed up.

It was, the corruption happened long enough ago that it was bad on the backups.
That also explains why there has been random failures of the mailing list for a while.

Ooooh! I just got my resubscription notice! Looks like he's making good progress on repairing things. :jumping5:

Yes! Me too! Looks like they'r getting back to business.

Thanks a million to the good folks working hard on CCTALK.

smp

And me, and a few emails from the list too.

I prefer digest mode (it has the drawback that I occasionally miss out on popular offers but my mail box fills up quickly enough as it is). It looks as though the list options have reset to default so I've changed mine back. Others will presumably need to too.

Thanks Jay!

Yes! Me too! Looks like they'r getting back to business.

Thanks a million to the good folks working hard on CCTALK.

smp

Looks like I'm out in the cold. No offer to resubscribe here :-<. And no traffic. Sigh ...

Looks like their standard interface is up (http://www.classiccmp.org/cctech.html) so I resubscribed there. Now need an ACK.

Hopefully I haven't confused something ...

Last edited:
For those of us who haven't received the resubscribe email, does he want us to sign back up or rather us be patient little internet drones? (I jest of course, happy to be patient for all their efforts)

btw - was this post put in the DEC forum because there are a lot of DEC people on CCTALK or just the original poster? It certainly is a strong DEC group.

Like I said in the original post, I figured there were DEC forum people probably also subscribed to cctalk/cctech.

It is overwhelming DECheads, yes, which is why I unsub'd a few years ago. Nothing against DEC people; just not enough signal for me. I'm still indebted to the people on that list for helping me answer a few questions I've always had, such as why CGA color index #6 is brown instead of yellow, and possible ways to record an internal speaker without it sounding worse than it already does.

Back