• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Slightly off topic, is cctalk dead

For me the reapproval only took a day so pretty quick and easy. As a side comment on the user base, it's pretty wide. Yes good for decheads and minicomputer users, but also a good portion of us are there as well for any sort of help or comments we can provide.

This really drpressed me. I had just started at the beginning of the archives to read through them. I hope they can be recovered as there was a ton of incredible information.

:(

I hope they can be recovered

The archive is fine. The data base of people subscribed to the mailing list is what was corrupted.
Also, there are several years of earlier messages that are in the process of being included, along with a working search function.

That would be great, the news has restored my will to live.

The archive is fine. The data base of people subscribed to the mailing list is what was corrupted.
Also, there are several years of earlier messages that are in the process of being included, along with a working search function.

I have always just kinda lurked there and just read the archives. Do you guys setup a special email address for CCTalk so that it doesn't overwhelm your inbox?

Cheers,
Corey

It's never been a problem. I use digest and get 1 or at most 2 emails a day. The delay can occasionally be a nuisance if someone is offering an item and you miss the bus on it, but overall it works fine.

It's not 100% for whatever reason but I just use a filter to move cctalk mail into a folder in my gmail. Works pretty well.

Back