• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Source for DP8473 FDC IC QFP-52

ldkraemer

Veteran Member
Need a Source for 1 or 2 National Semiconductor DP8473, PC8477B, or NEC mPD765 Floppy Disk Controller IC QFP-52.

Have searched Digikey, Mouser, Jameco, Ebay, and no parts found. Are there other sources in USA that might be able to source these?
Does someone have 1 or 2 SPARE in their STASH?

Larry

You may just have to try to find a cheap Adaptec SCSI/floppy or ISA floppy card with a socketed one on it.
I just bought some, and the only source was China. I haven't verified what I bought weren't counterfeit

Since the 8473 and 765 and 8477 are very different ICs, I take it that this is something that you're building up? If you can take some WD37C65 in PLCC 44, I've got a tube of those.

The Adaptec AHA-1522A SCSI Card I was using (just the FDC Controller) started having problems and giving me a fit with lockups etc.
I replaced the AHA-1522A with another earlier version and it works properly. I was thinking about trying to replace the FDC IC but
have discovered it is a PLCC form versus a QFP-52. Looks like it would be a pain to try and replace, if that was the actual problem.
Probably better to not worry with it.

Thanks.

Larry

Back