• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Mid Atlantic Spool of OM3 optical fiber: Free for pickup

Covers: New York, Pensylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC.

mhkohne

Delivery Options
Local Pickup Only
I've got a spool of optical fiber part # DX012KALT9QP.
That would be '12-Strand OCC DX Series 900um Tight Buffered, In/Outdoor Dist., OFNP Plenum, MM 50/125 OM3'.

We're cleaning out and I want it gone. Reasonable offers accepted.

Pickup available in Ambler (days) or North Wales (evenings).

I'm guessing that there's not a huge amount left on the spool - I'm pretty sure this is what was used to run fiber in the office.

Attachments

• spool label.jpg
    spool label.jpg
    736 KB · Views: 12
Shame im not local but whats your best guessimate how much is left?

I need like 80-85 feet. Spools are what 250 ft min? So lil over 1/3rd a roll... Lil less could work but rather have a few ft of slack.

This spool was 354 ft of fiber originally (I believe the tag on top was accurate). I've attached a picture of what's left. Unfortunately I have no way to estimate.

Please someone take this before I end up having to throw it out.

Attachments

• PXL_20220426_125957257.jpg
    PXL_20220426_125957257.jpg
    739.1 KB · Views: 4
I'm sure someone local will pop up next day or 2. If not they are crazy! =)

Ill guess lil less then 100 feet left.

Are there not countdown footage markings on the cable jacket? Just about everything we pull has them

Are there not countdown footage markings on the cable jacket? Just about everything we pull has them
Huh. I didn't know about those. There are in fact count-down markings, but they are from the larger spool this was cut from by the vendor, and the inner end (sticking out the top of the spool) isn't sticking out far enough to get one, so they don't do me any good.

Back