• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Stand for 13" color composite monitor with Apple IIC Plus

irishmike

Experienced Member
Greetings:

I am not sure what I am looking for here, but I have bought an Apple IIc Plus and a composite (about 13") Apple Color monitor which is compatible with the IIc Plus (and of course IIe).

I was watching "Computer Chronicles" Apple II forever show circa 1988 (it is on youtube if you care to watch though it can also be downloaded from the CC archive site and it has much better audio). I am looking to find out about that stand and whether or not one might be had. I did not put this in marketplace, because of lack of knowledge about the stand... so an ebay auction may work once the info is obtained.

Therefore, if someone can post info to this posting about that stand, and provide a part no and other pertinent information that would help me on my quest.

Thanks kindly,

Mike

the stand that is under the color monitor on the Computer Chronicles episode is one that was used with the IIe also. I'd say your best bet is to check the marketplace here and eBay.

the stand that is under the color monitor on the Computer Chronicles episode is one that was used with the IIe also. I'd say your best bet is to check the marketplace here and eBay.

I have one of those stands on my "//c color composite monitor", I can look some time and see if there is a part number on it. I obviously wont be separating mine from its monitor though, so I cant offer you that, but might be easier search with a part number.

Last edited:

There is no stand for the AppleColor Monitor IIe - not from Apple anyway. The two variants of the stands for the AppleColor IIc can be used with the IIe (imo, that looks weird) and the IIGS - there is also a swivel stand (somewhat rare) for the IIGS monitor (fits Mac monitors too). The base footprint of that stand is bigger than the entire IIGS.

I was watching "Computer Chronicles" Apple II forever show circa 1988 (it is on youtube if you care to watch though it can also be downloaded from the CC archive site and it has much better audio). I am looking to find out about that stand and whether or not one might be had. I did not put this in marketplace, because of lack of knowledge about the stand... so an ebay auction may work once the info is obtained.

Therefore, if someone can post info to this posting about that stand, and provide a part no and other pertinent information that would help me on my quest.

I think this price is highway robbery, but you may feel otherwise.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330927466746

Greetings A2fan!

Yeah, I don't think I want to pay that much or even close to that much for a hunk of plastic :)

Do appreciate the link and research though.

Greetings A2fan!

Yeah, I don't think I want to pay that much or even close to that much for a hunk of plastic :)

Do appreciate the link and research though.

Offer him like $30 or something, that would seem fair to me for a mint plastic stand ;-) sometimes those outrageously priced ebayers will take the first reasonable offer, they just list high hoping for some idiot to click BIN, lol

<sarcasm>
But, it's a bargain! At least compared to http://www.ebay.com/itm/190842405163
</sarcasm>

Wow, yeah, that one might take the cake, I have seen NIB //c's go for about that price, lol

Offer him like $30 or something, that would seem fair to me for a mint plastic stand ;-) sometimes those outrageously priced ebayers will take the first reasonable offer, they just list high hoping for some idiot to click BIN, lol

I tossed out $40, which is the max I'd consider paying. It was rejected outright, so the seller has an unrealistic minimum on it, IMO.

I tossed out $40, which is the max I'd consider paying. It was rejected outright, so the seller has an unrealistic minimum on it, IMO.

Yeah, I would have to agree, I don't think I could ever see that selling for more than $50, its not like its a new in box computer, just a stand.

Back