• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Started With Tulip computers, added a Wang 2200... oops

svanderlaars

Hi Guys,

I registered today to broaden my knowledge of the more obscure systems around :) Though i am from the netherlands, nowadays VCF crosses the world with all the enthousiasts around.

My main collecting disease is focussed on computers from the dutch Tulip brand. at the moment i own around 12-14 machines, and a few spares.
Among those are the well known Tulip Compact 1 and Tulip Compact 2, but also the Tulip PC Advance/Extend and the Tulip LT 286 "laptop"

Recently i've bought my second Wang, on a whim to be honest... So i came home with a Complete Wang 2200 MVP-A including terminal, double diskette unit and enormous line printer.

i try to keep the old guys running and back into shape, hoping to lend them to the museum in Helmond so they can be on display someday :)

In the back i'm tinkering on a website to combine all the information and stuff i have about the Tulip computers, and i might throw some random projects on it as well so they wont be forgotten.

I'm 32 years old, have been working in IT since forever and am well known in my company as "That guy" that they should call to keep the really old stuff running if it brakes down... (Yes our warehouse still runs on dos based systems)

Thanks for having me guys!

Back