• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

T102 TS Booster Pak

curtis

Veteran Member
Not sure if this should go here or in Portables, but here goes!

Just picked up an TS Booster Pak for a Tandy 102. Plugged it in and nada!

I'm thinking I'm needing either enabling software (driver in today's parlance) or a ROM to fit in the ROM socket.

Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks,

Curtis

Okay, did a LOT of digging on the 'net and found a couple of articles reviewing this little puppy that included the initialization process. Followed those to no avail.

However, I noticed after a second look on the inside that the only ROM chip is one labeled Jewelmaster.

Am I missing the ROM that's supposed to be in this item?

ANY comments/responses would greatly appreciated.

Curtis

Hey Terry,

The Traveling Software Booster Pak is an add-on unit that provides up to 2 Mb of RAMdisk and a larger working environment for the T100/102.

And yes, club 100 was the first place I went to.

Curtis

I think I've hooked up with someone who can help me out on this by providing me with the ROM's for it.

I posted a page with pics for the fellow who's helping me out as he needed to see exactly which board I had in order to determine which ROM. This way I could provide good hi-res pics and not clog his email account.

Then I got to thinking everyone else might want to see what one of these looks like, so here's the link.

http://webpages.charter.net/curtismc/ebay/boosterpak

Note: This page probably won't stay up long, so if anyone wants the pictures, feel free to go ahead and copy them down. All I ask is if you use them, to give me the credit for the shots. I don't think that's being unreasonable.

Curtis

To anyone who is interested in the pictures of the Booster Pak I've posted online, be advised I will be taking them down this Saturday, 5 Aug. I'll probably reduce resolution and repost as part of my "slabtop" page, but not sure as to when I'll be able to get around to it.

So...if anyone wants to "borrow" those pics, you're now on the clock!!

Curtis

Back