• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

T3100e CMOS menu

Neosodium

Experienced Member
Since I sorted the clock battery on my T3100e (removed the resistor and used a standard 1.5v AA) I don't know how to get the CMOS menu up without disconnecting the battery. Is there a key combination to do this?

Reason being, I can't get the SIO2PC software for the Atari XL to work on it and I think the serial ports may need to be configured in the CMOS

Been playing carrier command on the T3100e with a big old Penny + Giles trackball, I love how CGA graphics look on the plasma display.

Since I sorted the clock battery on my T3100e (removed the resistor and used a standard 1.5v AA) I don't know how to get the CMOS menu up without disconnecting the battery. Is there a key combination to do this?
Actually, there's a program, TEST3.EXE

Reason being, I can't get the SIO2PC software for the Atari XL to work on it and I think the serial ports may need to be configured in the CMOS
They would normally be configured to the default COM1 & COM 2 so I'd be surprised, but ya never know... ;-)

Been playing carrier command on the T3100e with a big old Penny + Giles trackball, I love how CGA graphics look on the plasma display.
I'm also attaching CHAD.COM, which is the tool to change the display parameters. You can call it from a prompt or, once installed, the SysReq key will bring it up.

Have you read the thread elsewhere on here about expanding the memory?

Enjoy!

View attachment 3100UTIL.ZIP

I'm surprised it needs a program to get into the CMOS considering it does it automatically when the battery is absent.

I have tried CHAD.COM before and it doesn't seem to do anything at all? Is it supposed to allow some applications to run at the full resolution of the plasma screen? I have only seen one application (PCPaint) that supports the full res mode.

Last edited:
I'm surprised it needs a program to get into the CMOS considering it does it automatically when the battery is absent.
Well, you did only ask how to get at the BIOS configuration without disconnecting the battery; you're welcome BTW.
If there is another way I haven't seen any mention of it in the manuals, but feel free to explore.

I have tried CHAD.COM before and it doesn't seem to do anything at all?
You did read the part about invoking it with the SysReq key after it's installed, did you?
Is it supposed to allow some applications to run at the full resolution of the plasma screen? I have only seen one application (PCPaint) that supports the full res mode.
It doesn't change the resolution, it changes how colour is displayed on the internal plasma screen; for instance some foreground/background combinations can result in a blank screen, which is usually undesirable ;-)

BTW, Fn [right arrow] toggles single/double width characters, in case you didn't know.

Have fun.

Last edited:
Back