• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Tandy 1000 Adapters - expressions of interest?

alternative question: Do you know if its possible to adapt the Joystick port adapters to the typical DB15 PC Game port plug?

alternative question: Do you know if its possible to adapt the Joystick port adapters to the typical DB15 PC Game port plug?

It definitely is, the adapters are easy to make but you need to mod the joystick as well.

http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com.au/2016/08/the-pc-joystick-to-tandy-1000-joystick.html?m=1

I found the joystick I converted needed extra modification tho as the directions were inverted (left became right, up became down etc) so I might as well cut off the DB15 and replace it with the 6 pin DIN plug.

The easiest option is to buy 2x DB15 Connectors and 1x short Commodore 64 Serial Cable which you cut in half, this will give you 2 adapters.

Hi all, I promised the community that once I'd made the 50 (yep 50!) Tandy 1000 EX / HX PLUS-ISA/R v1.1 adapters I needed to use up the parts I had to bulk buy, (to keep costs down), I'd release the Gerber files with no strings attached.

So here they are ... I'm making no demands on how you use them, they are now 100% Public Domain.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3mu8zdts7im36rc/Tandy 1000 ISA-PLUS:R v1.1.zip?dl=0

gqTJDZll.png

1mTfJdRl.png

I just ordered an HX to ISA adapter, does it matter which of the two connectors on the EX/HX memory card is used first?

dJOS, I finally got an HX. I need just one of these, and was going to order three since thats the minimum. Where did you get the edge with flanged pins? I hope thats the right description. I only want to make the one so when done I'll give the other two to whoever wants them for $5 each and that includes first class shipping inside the US.

dJOS, I finally got an HX. I need just one of these, and was going to order three since thats the minimum. Where did you get the edge with flanged pins? I hope thats the right description. I only want to make the one so when done I'll give the other two to whoever wants them for $5 each and that includes first class shipping inside the US.

You can't buy them unfortunately, I had to make then by rolling the edge connectors pins inwards using a hard flat surface. Just don't roll them too close together or your PCB won't go between them. You also need to try and get them centered. It's a bit of an art TBH. :D

Well that makes sense, I'll use a vice as a makeshift break with a little rigging to make it work.

When I do my order its a minimum of 3 boards for $8.95. I've been designing a board for the last week and once I am comfy with it I'll do a medium size order.

I should have at least 1 left over, if so I'll post in here for the first to grab it for shipping.

Great, 3 works for me! Is there a list I can sign up for? Sorry, I'm new here...

I ended up making my own PLUS to XT/ISA adapter as a ribbon cable, due to the extreme constraints with which I had to mount the card. I'm in the process of prototyping my own version of Lo-Tech's 8-bit IDE/CF card that uses the PLUS connector (62-pin female BERG), since there's precious little space in there.

Honestly, I can't imagine why Tandy went with this convoluted PLUS system rather than just a XT/ISA riser like everybody else, because these PLUS cards, other than the DMA/Memory board, are really hard to find.

Yesterday I built an OPL2LPT and today I tested it on my Tandy 1000 EX with my Parallel port adapter .... and it works great! really great! I even patched Space Quest ]I[ and got full Adlib sound instead of the Tandy Ti chip music! Im pretty darn happy with that! :D

y1MvwH6l.jpg
1u6nK9Ol.jpg

Did anybody be ever make an EDGE to 25 pin adapter yet? I’d love to hook up my Covox to my SL/E. :)

Back