• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Tandy 1000 Hx, Cm-5 Color monitor and tandy dot matrix printer

This is a good observation as well... the CM-5 has a fairly crummy picture due to the horrible dot pitch (.51 or .52 I think).

They were meant to be used as 320x200/40 column displays only. I believe they will address 640x200, but the resulting display is not good at all.

If this were a brand new CM-11, however.....

We are going to the ups store to find out how much it is going to ship it. And then listing it online. We are probably going to list the computer and monitor together.

EddieDX4:

Make her an offer before it ever gets to eBay. Doesn't sound like she's out to make a killing on Granny's old pc.

EddieDX4:

Make her an offer before it ever gets to eBay. Doesn't sound like she's out to make a killing on Granny's old pc.

It's already on eBay...

I think it's fair for there to be a chance for people to bid on it. If someone outbids my max bid, then obviously it was worth more to them. ;)

I went pretty high, though, so I'm hopeful I'm the "fool" who ends up getting it.

You guys are awesome. I sure hope you win as you have been so super helpful! I have listed them all seperate like you suggested and I already have a bid on the monitor! Woo hoo, I am such a goober. Ebay makes me giddy.:D

You guys are awesome. I sure hope you win as you have been so super helpful! I have listed them all seperate like you suggested and I already have a bid on the monitor! Woo hoo, I am such a goober. Ebay makes me giddy.:D

Hehe... I'm glad there's interest on the monitor, as well! This whole setup will no doubt find good homes.

It just makes me happy that these dinosaurs will find homes that they deserve!

Wow, guess I stopped following the thread too early. Beautiful box on that HX. Great buy for whoever ^^??^^ won it. Glad to see you chose the long route but separate auctions for the parts. That does everyone pretty good so folks who need one part can get one part. Glad it's going to other collectors and folks who need em too.

Wow, guess I stopped following the thread too early. Beautiful box on that HX. Great buy for whoever ^^??^^ won it. Glad to see you chose the long route but separate auctions for the parts. That does everyone pretty good so folks who need one part can get one part. Glad it's going to other collectors and folks who need em too.

I won it. :)

Just received the machine and it is amazing to see an HX the way it was back in '88...! It even still has the 3.5" plastic floppy drive insert to protect the heads during shipping!

I'm considering leaving the machine in the box and just using the "parts" HX I got.. The thing works, it's just missing 1 key (BREAK) and the expansions cover.

Back