• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Tandy 1000 values?

falter

Veteran Member
Just a quick query -- I've been thinking about acquiring a Tandy 1000 as part of my collection. I never owned one of these but friends did and I was always in awe of them as they had the 3 voice sound and 16 colour graphics my 4 colour mono AT didn't.

Looking on ebay though, everyone's asking $150+ for one w/o monitor. Is that about what they're going for out there?

I guess it depends on the model you want. The HX and EX models (base 256K RAM) with built in keyboard can be found for $50 or so, the original 1000 desktop should be in the same price range (make sure it has the keyboard). Working CGA monitors seem to be getting pricey, not sure what they cost lately.

You just have to watch and be patient -- I just picked up about three weeks ago TWO Tandy 1000 EX, one with a plus card that works GREAT and the other needing some repair for $25 with $25 in shipping, and the guy threw in a CM-11 monitor so long as I paid the shipping (another $25).

Of course it's annoying how many listings are "local pickup only"

You just have to watch and be patient -- I just picked up about three weeks ago TWO Tandy 1000 EX, one with a plus card that works GREAT and the other needing some repair for $25 with $25 in shipping, and the guy threw in a CM-11 monitor so long as I paid the shipping (another $25).

Of course it's annoying how many listings are "local pickup only"

Yeah I'm kind of kicking myself.. I once had 3 of them. Not sure what happened -- but long gone now.

Yeah... I watch carefully, but it's getting pretty rare now. Ebay as a whole seems to be less frequented. I scored an Intellivision for $9.00 so I was happy about that. I don't get these sellers though that post something for $300 and just leave it there...

I picked up one off craigslist, 1000sx monitor, 40meg hard card, cga monitor (magnovox), scsi cdrom and card. $25.00 Local pickup only.

Thats how I ended up back here, finding out info on it.

Later,
dabone

If we knew where you were located, maybe someone here has extra that they'd be willing to part with for $50 for local pickup too. I know I have one or two spare 1000sx machines that I'd sell for $50 (probably with a monitor if I had enough) but I'm not willing to be bothered with packing one up.

Back