• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Tandy 1400 Broken Switch

Hawkeye0914

Experienced Member
I accidentally broke the switch for the INT/EXT floppy drive. I need to take the board off and look at the back to make sure that it can be removed easily (I assume it can). Does anyone know how I can find a suitable replacement? Any help is appreciated.

IMG_3344__1581035911_16548__1581035911_40516.jpg
IMG_3345__1581036100_49134.jpg

The 1400 BOM identifies this as a "DPDT slide switch". So, find a close match by googling "DPDT horizontal slide siwtch". They're as plentiful as cockroaches.

The 1400 BOM identifies this as a "DPDT slide switch". So, find a close match by googling "DPDT horizontal slide siwtch". They're as plentiful as cockroaches.

Do you think its imperative to get one with pins on the housing that match the old ones? It seems like all the ones online have the housing mount points on the side, and the tandy one had them on the back.

Depends on your druthers--you can get slide switches configured either way. The important thing is the pin spacing. It might be an advantage to have the switch toggle somewhat recessed so the chance of breakage is minimal. You could even install a small toggle switch if the mood struck you.

The keywords here are "right angle", thus you get this one:

s-l500.jpg

Last edited:
Depends on your druthers--you can get slide switches configured either way. The important thing is the pin spacing. It might be an advantage to have the switch toggle somewhat recessed so the chance of breakage is minimal. You could even install a small toggle switch if the mood struck you.

The keywords here are "right angle", thus you get this one:

s-l500.jpg

That looks like a really good match.

Back