• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Tandy 2000 Lot

Chuckster_in_Jax

Veteran Member
There is a man just south of Jacksonville that wants to sell a lot of Tandy 2000's. These apparently were used by local radio Shack stores in the day for inventory and other company business.
The lot consists of:

About 10 Tandy 2000's
10 or 12 Tandy 10 Meg External hard drives Model 25-1025
5 - Tandy CM-1 Color Monitors
3 or 4 - Tandy VM-1 Monochrome Monitors
Unsure of how many keyboards

He would prefer to sell everything as a lot and not hassle with selling individual pieces. However that may be an option if no one buys the entire lot.
I have agreed to help find buyers and possibly test for functionality of individual units. My time is currently limited and response a little slow during the week, but I will try to help find a new home for these.

The computers are good cosmetically and include a Color video adapter, 256K or 384K memory, and an MFM Hard Drive controller with connections for internal and external drives.

Below are some pictures representative of the units.

http://photobucket.com/Tandy2000

!!!!! Please be aware that the Tandy 2000 video syncs at 27Khz and you will need either a Tandy CM-1 color monitor, VM-1 Monochrome monitor or an older mutisync capable of handling the lower sync.!!!!

PM me if you are interested.

Chuck

Last edited:
These seem cool... its a few hours drive for me, any indication if a half-way meet would be possible? And the big question is how much $$$ ???

It should be mentioned that while the 2000 will run MS-DOS, it's not hardware-compatible with the PC.

Yes. There were a number of computer manufacturers that had semi-compatible versions in the transition to IBM compatibility.

I believe the main problem was software that expected the video RAM to be in a certain location. There is a utility that can remedy a lot of that problem I'll have to find it though.

Also, the disk drives are DS/QD 720K. I have the disk images of the Tandy 2000 version of DOS and they work. There are images of other applications too.

Currently there are Tandy 2000 software auctions on e!Bay. Lotus 123 and Fortran compiler. Other packages were written including Framework for the 2000.

This FAQ may answer some questions about the computer:

http://www.cchaven.com/t2kfaq.txt

Back