• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Tandy 2500 RSX

RPM94

Experienced Member
Williamstown, West Virginia, United States
Hey, I just just have a couple questions about the Tandy I recently got from a hordes house. First is how much would the Tandy be worth? The other question is is there in adapter piece to go on the back on the tandy so it can fit a newer monitor with the VGA hook up? Thanks for your time.

The 2500RSX has a 15 pin VGA connector. Are you trying to hook up a "newer" vga monitor without a standard 15 pin plug?

That "blue VGA" port is a recent standard. It is the black 15 pin port in the lower right. I have plenty of machines here with black vga connectors. Just plug in your VGA monitor. If the port on the 2500RSX is keyed (one of the pins is filled in) then you'll need a short M-F cable that you don't mind breaking a pin out on.

It is a VGA connector, I believe it's pin 9 that is a blocked pin on the connector itself, my Compaq Prolinea 4/33, my Tandy 1000 RLX also has the pin like you're describing. I would recommend finding an older VGA cable, an older extender cable, or even just verify which pin it is and pull it out of the cable using some really fine needle nose pliers.

Ok. Thanks for the help guys. That is really going to help me to see what works and what doesn't work so I can get a better description before I sell it or just scrap it, I really don't want to the the old thing just get destroyed because I would like to see if it even still works fully. But nevermore thanks for the help!

Back