• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Tandy Intellectual Property history

I REALLY wouldn't put "Tandy" and "Intellectual" in the same sentence.....

Tony

Not to be overly picky, but did this post contribute anything to the greater good of the group?

Probably not. We want to keep the S/N ratio high, so lets avoid posting unless it adds value.

Probably half the stuff we talk about adds no value - but, we're chit-chatting about vintage computers.

Now...If I went talking about My 2005 Tundra, and the gas bills....

Now, BOT, I seem to remember reading that.

I think the biggest problems are:

A) Finding someone who has anything to DO with the intellectual property
B) Finding someone who actually knows WHAT and HOW to do with them
C) Hardest: Finding someone who actually gives enough of a squat to help

C) will be the biggest challenge - A+B will be worries about what releasing things will do, what disclaimers, future of the IP and copyrights/trademarks. Our biggest hurdle will be finding someone who actually cares enough to push it through A+B

Tony

I think the biggest problems are:

A) Finding someone who has anything to DO with the intellectual property
B) Finding someone who actually knows WHAT and HOW to do with them
C) Hardest: Finding someone who actually gives enough of a squat to help

C) will be the biggest challenge - A+B will be worries about what releasing things will do, what disclaimers, future of the IP and copyrights/trademarks. Our biggest hurdle will be finding someone who actually cares enough to push it through A+B

When it comes to this stuff, I use the motto "It's easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission". If I have a piece of software/manual that someone needs, I copy it and pass it along. So far, I've only heard from Microsoft about anything I've done with software.

On a side note, I maintain the domain and server for a streaming radio station. We have about 60 hours of programming, which we created. Most of the songs are from the late 1800s and very early 1900s. Almost all of the perfomances we use are from bands that we have the production rights to.

Suddenly I started receivng monthly, then weekly letters from BMG demanding something like $500 per month since I MUST be streaming something they own rights to. We had the company lawyer tell them to produce a list of performances that they wanted royalties for. Haven't heard from them in over a year now. Either it's gonna be a biiiiiig list, or we're OK.

Cripes, the side note is longer than the OT part.

Kelly

yeah, but it's true.

You think, for example, someone would go after you for, say, uploading DeskMate somewhere????

I think not - it would be SUCH a waste of time.

Tony

Back