• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Tandy Service Manuals Get High Bids

Chuckster_in_Jax

Veteran Member
Tonight a couple of Tandy Service manuals got IMO some really high bids.

TRS-80 Model 12 Service Manual
eBay item 300661506189

$151.50

TRS-80 Model 16 Service Manual
eBay item 300661506836

$190.50

I screwed around and didn't get my bid in on time for a service manual for a Tandy CM-1 monitor. It only sold for $2.95. I have looked everywhere and can't find one.

I hope that if the winning bidder is one of our members, they will scan it and make it available other members.

Well, I was one of the losing high bidders. My goal was to scan them immediately and put them online. I figured the information in them was important enough that I'd be willing to spend a bit of money to get the copies online and available. However, I was unfortunately out bid...even with the outlandish bids that I put in. We'll have to see if the ultimate winner will make them available or just keep them to himself. I did win other service manuals from the same seller and will be scanning them. I scan everything I win and for really important things, I will bid high to make sure the materials are preserved and available to others.

As for the CM-1, I was the winner on that one so it will get posted. I'll make that one a priority and post the URL to it here...

Last edited:
Given that the CPU board and memory schematics for the model 16 are already online, what's so special about the service manuals, over, say a Model 2 service manual?

...and if it's for the original Model 16, many of those machines have had extensive field mods to get them to run Xenix, so a service manual is going to be sort of marginal. About all that would really be useful is a schematic for the floppy controller/PIO board.

Back