• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

.TD0 TeleDisk file format

CarlosTex

Experienced Member
Hi there!

I recently started using FlashFloppy firmware on my Gotek floppy emulators and i'm really enjoying it. I did the hardware mods on the Gotek and the OLED + the Rotary encoder make these units a lot nicer to use.

I flashed the latest firmware to one of my units and was disappointed to realize that most formats were not supported. So i opened an issue on the project GitHub page and (keir) got immediately working on it. In a matter of hours he got an experimental build for me to try and now the following .IMG formats are supported:

5.25 160k
5.25 180k
5.25 200k (EA 10 sectors per track, 1 side format)
5.25 320k
5.25 360k
5.25 400k (EA 10 sectors per track, 2 sides format)
3.5. 720k
5.25 1.2MB
3.5 1.44MB

With all these formats covered i think FlashFloppy can now handle 99% of .IMG files out there. I tested some 20 booter games and all the floppies were read just fine, despite i was using a Pentium machines just for testing.

Now there are a lot of TeleDisk image files out there, and i think that if the HxC or FlashFloppy could support them that would be really nice. Is there any technical documentation about TeleDisk file format out there that i can forward to keir (creator of FlashFloppy) so he can add to the firmware? I remember reading something about ChuckG being related to TeleDisk or AnaDisk so maybe he is the right person to ask about this?

There's been some work in converters for .TD0 files--have a look at Dave Dunfield's ImageDisk utilities. He includes source.

Now, be warned that there are nuances in format that TeleDisk could record, that are not supported in converters, but they're pretty rare.

Back