• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

TeleCOMPAQ: Phoning it in

No, a team of volunteers are helping to run the place. It's still open, but you to need to join Computer Reset's Facebook group and be invited to come in.

screw that,, seems like a a "clicque" to me. Which is a goddamn shame because the owner seemed like a real down to earth guy who wouldnt wanted his legacy to be corrupted.

Fault isolation: We've got a short on the telecomms daughterboard. Isolated two bad 22uF 35V tants so far, but i'm still digging around. Power supply is seemingly holding out otherwise, however.

Yeah, all the bad caps are seemingly sorted out but POST is still prevented because something's not tripping RESET at startup like it should in spite of Power_OK being where it needs to be. Troubleshooting has been slow and difficult since this doesn't use a conventional clock chip for the 8086 portion and I don't have any schematics, leaving me beeping a lot of things out. Good news is, if I jump the reset pin it POSTS and outputs video to a composite display fine, though the keyboard is currently inoperative and i want that internal display working.

In the last month, during the final cleanup phase at Computer Reset (yes, it was still open for visitor groups until May 2022), I found two packages containing a TeleCOMPAQ software update - DOS 3.2 and Applications 2.1 - with 4x 5.25" floppies in each that the instructions say they contain everything needed to run the machine.
If anyone has one of those machines working and is interested - I can send them one of them - as I seen the software to control the "telecom" part of the machine is not widely available.
Thanks !

Attachments

• IMG_7986s.jpeg
    IMG_7986s.jpeg
    230.6 KB · Views: 5
@MissArgent I find myself here in June 2022 with something to report. If you still have this computer, and it's working. I have some disks you might like for it.

Ironically, this was recovered from Computer Reset, sealed.

Telecompaq Disks.jpgTelecompaq Papers.jpg

In the last month, during the final cleanup phase at Computer Reset (yes, it was still open for visitor groups until May 2022), I found two packages containing a TeleCOMPAQ software update - DOS 3.2 and Applications 2.1 - with 4x 5.25" floppies in each that the instructions say they contain everything needed to run the machine.
If anyone has one of those machines working and is interested - I can send them one of them - as I seen the software to control the "telecom" part of the machine is not widely available.
Thanks !
Doh, I didn't see your post! I also found one of these from CR!

Back