• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Terminal program for CP/M?

IBM_User

Experienced Member
If I try to dial into one of the remaining BBS's, what sort of program do I need for doing so?

I've got a working Hayes 1200 Smartmodem recently, and since I have one serial port on my IMSAI
which is currently not in use, I will try to connect it with the Hayes and get it to dial.

I remember several terminal programs for an DOS environment, but under CP/M?

Thanks for your prompt reply Chuck.

I think I'll try BYE67 first because it offers support for the Hayes modem.

Funny...

I just dusted off and unboxed my trusty old US Courier HST Dual-Standard last night.
Still powers on.... amazing the longevity of those beasts!!!

I was going to do similar, or actually, try to get one up and going again. however, I was going to use a CoCo3 and OS-9 L2, or NitrOS-9 L2.

let us know how it goes!! I'm curious how many board still exist. My only dial-tone choice would be over a SIP/VoIP circuit, so I'd have to get the line tweaked to get a modem running on it.

I'm curious how many board still exist. My only dial-tone choice would be over a SIP/VoIP circuit, so I'd have to get the line tweaked to get a modem running on it.
I wrote a lot about this a few years ago. That site is getting a bit old, but I bet there's still a lot of boards out there. However, if you don't have a POTS line you may be better off just using telnet boards. There's lots of those.

Back