• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

The Undocumented PC" by Frank Van Gilluwe Disk Only

anormal

Experienced Member
I bought this book today (2nd ed) online. And while it arrives, i don't know if the disk is inside or not (not cited in the item description)

Anyone has archived the contents of this disk? I've looked for online but found only this

https://www.pcjs.org/pubs/pc/programming/The_Undocumented_PC/

But, just the listings.

If it finally arrives with disk and is readable, I'll archive online for other users.

Thanks.

I am 85% sure I have the floppy tucked into my copy of the book still. If it is missing, I am pretty sure I have copied it to numerous hard drives in my day, so I should be able to source the data from it.

I have a copy with disk. I guess if no one else finds one, I will check to see if my copy is still readable.

Done: /pub/misc/Software/Programming/Undocumented

It took me 4 tries to find a site that I could download from without it trying to take over my system. Google Drive or Dropbox next time? Much less hassle.

Yep, i know about fileshare sites, i just drop the multiup link in jdownloader and it works like charm.

You are right about dropbox or gdrive. But sometimes these fileshares have very long time retention. Sometimes I had luck
with files uploaded 4 years ago xD

Regards and thanks for mirroring it in a nice site.
BTW a disk dump of the original could be better, if my book has it when it arrives i'll send to you. Thanks.

You are right about dropbox or gdrive. But sometimes these fileshares have very long time retention. Sometimes I had luck
with files uploaded 4 years ago xD

My google drive and dropbox accounts are going on 7+ years retention. And they're free, and don't hassle users who download from them.

Sorry to bring this old post back up but I am too looking for this.
And the AD heavy link crud isn't working.

I guess need to ask... what about the 2nd edition flavor? from 1996/1997 ?

This is the 1994 version, which IS working... but ponder what was in the 1996/1997 2nd edition has any extras?

Ah found the 2nd edition under

/pub/misc/References/PC System Programming/The Undocumented PC Second Edition/Files

Love this FTP site !

Back