• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

This Is An Awesome Deal!!!!!!!!!

I believe you are correct, I have never seen a compaq portable II w/o a hdd.
I will update everyone as soon as it comes in.
Now I have all three compaq portables in the series..lol

alexkerhead said:

good luck on fixing it up

alexkerhead said:

Four, actually (or five, if you count the 'plus' variation as a different model). I think you're overlooking the little-known 'Portable 286', a full-size '286 that came out before the smaller 'Portable II'.

--T

alexkerhead said:
They also made a portable 386

Thats the only one I've got. Still no pics on my syte though, I'm working on it.... Its pretty much that same as the Portable 3, almost.

-VK

vlad said:
Thats the only one I've got. Still no pics on my syte though, I'm working on it.... Its pretty much that same as the Portable 3, almost.

-VK
Indeed it is vlad.
Only it has a 386 processor and is not a part of the portable I, II, and III line.

There's also a Portable 486, in the same form-factor. Some of the later models even offered an LCD vga-compatible screen as an alternative to the EGA gas-plasma display.

--T

I don't really care for the odd models, I like series, and unique items, but some manufacturer way of selling off old components by upgrading the mainboard.
As far as I am concerned, the portable III is the last of the line.....lol

OMFG! Holy Crap, this thing got in, and I took it out of the box, not only was the casing busted up, the aluminum support structure was hella bent up. I spent 5 hours fixing this thing! 5 hours! FIVE HOURS!
So, now it is in "OK" shape by my standards.
Dang, this was a heck of a mess, my eyes and nose are burning from the smell of high end plastic glue and the accelerator to dry it faster. The keyboard had 7 bad keys, so I had to fix them too, wow, this was an ordeal!
Just thought i'd let ya'll know how it turned out.
Info and pics here

I used a system like that back when they were new! I worked as a security guard at the time (extremely *boring*, watching parked cars from a car manufacturing plant - but there were Camaro's in the mix) and would lug that thing in and do some computer work for the company my dad worked for.

Cheers,

80sFreak

Back