• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

TI994A TAPE DRIVE QUESTION

Computer Collector

Experienced Member
I was going through my old stuff and realized that I own what appears to be the tape drive cable for the TI. Now I havent done much with my TI, because I forgot that I had the wire and didnt want to waste time typing in Basic Prograsms that I couldnt even save :wink:

But now that Ive found this wire, I can go ahead and hook up a tape recorder and start writing some programs. However, Im a little confused about the wire and would like a little info.

The side that plugs into the TI looks like the end of an Atari joystick; a reglar 9 pin head. Then the wire breaks up into 2 wires, which I will call "A" and "B". Now the A wire goes ahead and breaks up into 2 additional wires, and the B wire breaks up inot 3 additional wires. I believe that these 3 wires are what I would plug into a tape recoder (with a REM hole). however, Im confused about wire "A" what on earth is it for?

Terry Yager

Veteran Member
The cable you have is for jacking-in dual cassette recorders. (The idea being that you can have your program tape in one, and save your data on the other one). Just use the three-headed cable for a single installation, the other is read-only (no mic jack).

--T