29062010595.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 29062010597.jpg
    29062010597.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 29062010596.jpg
    29062010596.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 1
The keyboard looks very much like the terminal keyboard for my Tandberg terminal that I got with my ND-100/CX.

Btw, anybody want a ND-110/CX ?

The Tiki-100 is a quite regular mid-80's Z80-based (home-)computer. It was designed and sold in Norway, and was mostly used by schools.

It got 64KB RAM, 16KB ROM (8KB of them is for an optional ROM module which can be placed in a socket on the motherboard), 32KB video RAM, and a 4MHz Z80. The different parts of memory can be accessed through bank-switching.

It has 3 video modes, all of them are bitmapped. It's 256x256 @ 16 colour, 512x256 @ 4 colour and 1024x256 @ 2 colour. Each colour is in the format of RRRGGGBB, and vertical shifting/scrolling is possible using the I/O port in the sound chip. The sound chip is an AY-3-8912; one of the most used soundchips of that time (at least in Europe).

The floppy controller used is either a Western Digital FD1767PL or a FD1797PL. Known formats are:
  • FM/40 cylinders/single sided/18 sectors @ 128 bytes (90KB)
  • MFM/40 cylinders/single sided/10 sectors @ 512 bytes (200KB)
  • MFM/40 cylinders/double sided/10 sectors @ 512 bytes (400KB)
  • MFM/80 cylinders/double sided/10 sectors @ 512 bytes (800KB)

It got 2 RS-232 ports, a printer port, and various display interfces. One of those DIN connectors can easily be wiered to the SCART input of any PAL-based TV for a better quality picture (RGB vs. Composite/RF mod).

Sadly, the software market for this computer never took off. As a result, no programs are really taking full usage of what this computer is capable of doing. The OS (KP/M) is compatible with CP/M 2.2 software, but that's mostly text-only programs.

Chuck, I think per would be interested in those floppy samples. He will soon be in posession of said Tiki-100 :)

The keyboard looks very much like the terminal keyboard for my Tandberg terminal that I got with my ND-100/CX.

Such a terminal was located near the Tiki-100 when I got it, but it was too big and heavy for me to care about. What is the ND-100 like?

Want? Oh yes. Have space for? More doubtful. This is a full-size cabinet right? Not the "under your desk" half cabinet?
Anyway, transport would be a major issue.
I really wish that something would come out of the ND100 emulator project.

Last edited:
Want? Oh yes. Have space for? More doubtful. This is a full-size cabinet right? Not the "under your desk" half cabinet?
The school I'm in had one of the ND 1x0 minis too, but it was either moved or thrown away before I asked if I could see it. I have however seen a big bulky terminal in one of the (almost unused) classrooms in the cellar. I think it's a Tandberg one, but don't exactly remember. I am 95% sure that terminal originates from the ND mini.

A PM to me is all it takes for me to start the Grand Hunt of the Sample Floppies. :)
PM sendt.

Last edited:
I got a nice box with an iMac inside it today. I think the Tiki will fit well in there. Tomorrow shows. If not, I will get another box tomorrow from the logistics department at work. Either way it will be ready for shipment tomorrow :)

Such a terminal was located near the Tiki-100 when I got it, but it was too big a
and heavy for me to care about. What is the ND-100 like?

Bigger and Heavier :) I've never used it, but it did boot at one time.

This is the half cabinet, a bit more than 19 inch wide and about 60-70 cm high, I have the same terminal as in the picture below, which will be included to anyone who picks it up. It sits in my storage room for now, I have no rush in getting rid of it. If you ever get a chance to pick it up, let me know.

http://www.sintran.com/history/nd-100.jpg

I've met Göran who works on the emulator, he is a nice guy with _tons_ of ND hardware. He also has a thousand project so who knows if the emulator ever takes off.

The school I'm in had one of the ND 1x0 minis too, but it was either moved or thrown away before I asked if I could see it. I have however seen a big bulky terminal in one of the (almost unused) classrooms in the cellar. I think it's a Tandberg one, but don't exactly remember. I am 95% sure that terminal originates from the ND mini.

IIRC, the classic Tandberg terminals (for ND computers) are the TDV 2115, TDV 2200 series and TDV 1200 series (aka "Ruby").

Back