• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Too big? Too busy?

I did, & that's it! Somehow vBulletin stripped it of all it's multi-frameness-ness!!! (Probobly because of it being 100X75 & being more than the memory allows)

alexkerhead wrote:

> lol, www.imageshack.us wont be mad at you.

I've had some trouble with Imageshack unfortunately - looked
as if they didn't like the number of images I had stored in my
account - so deleted some, without advising.

Photobucket seems to hold my pictures nicely! :-D (fingers
crossed though)

CP/M User.

alexkerhead said:
That is freaking tight Erik. Did you get the idea from the gif in my sig?

Thanks! I did get the idea, at least in part, from your image. I was also just looking through what I could do with Photoshop to make an animation and that seemed easiest for the time I had.

200K is big, though. I wish I could cut it down. :confused:

Let me see...

From looking at your sig in Adobe ImageReady, you have a whole new layer for each computer, yes?

A better way to do it would be to create the background without the computer on it and put the computers on different layers. Then create different frames enabling and disabling the different layers... Then instead of having to load 11 different images, it has one main image and several smaller ones

Give me a few minutes and I'll see how much I can optimise it :)

I'm not sure how it reverse engineers, but the original photoshop image is a layer for each machine (sized appropriately) and a layer each for the background, text and frame. The swapped images are, therefore, fairly small. I've just got a fair number of them (and a couple I don't think make sense - like the ASR keyboard.)

I may play with it again later. If anyone thinks it's too big, though, let me know. I've had my fun and wouldn't mind going back to a text-only sig. :)

I've only got the TRS-80 Model I systems and a mini CoCo from Radio Shack in the collection.

I've always wanted a Model II but never had the space for it (I've turned down a few of them) and I've passed on some Model IIIs as well.

If it's space you're concerned about, wouldn't you like to trade one of your old, busted, black-painted, space-taking Lisa's for my small, not-big CoCo3?
coco3.jpg

Well the photo was taken in my attic. It just needs to be cleaned with a damp paper towel, nothing serious.

Plus, there's nothing I enjoy more than fixing up an old computer!

Last edited:
Back