• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Toshiba T1000Se repair

Elvi

Experienced Member
So a while back i got a hold of this toshiba laptop but it refuses to turn on, at best it turns on it's dcin red light for a second.

What's been tried.
Taking out it's battery also shorting the battery clips on the pc, no go.
Taking out all the other batteries and shorting these pinns too, no go.

PSU seems to work, get around 11.89v from it out of 12v.

Visual inspection of components yield nothing.

So guys, next step? :)

If it's anything like the T1200, then you have to replace all capacitors on the internal voltage board. On mine, all had leakage. The voltage board has its own microprocessor and refuses to supply power if something isn't right. The red DCIN light is a hint for that. It should be green if the voltages are ok.

Actually now i'm getting uncertain that it was the dcin that blinked red, just tested to take out the battery pack again and plug in the ac adapter and the dcin lit up like it should, all red.

Somewhere i found that if the dcin blinks the powerboard or ac adapter had a fault but it isn't blinking, and i've not seen any leaking caps on the power board as of yet.

and the dcin lit up like it should, all red.
As said already, red means error. You can get the service manual here. There's no need to search for other faults as long as you are not getting a steady green DCIN indicator. I'm not saying that there aren't possibly other faults, but first you need to get the voltage board working.

Actually your wrong on the dcin led, i checked a litle closer and it can only display 1 color, red, the only led's that can change are power/speed and battery led's, all the rest are 1 color led's

Old thread... but it seems like you must have a decent battery installed to use the external power. OR put power to the battery contacts directly. Can anyone confirm?

Back