• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Toshiba T1100 Plus --- Software for a display?

desertrout

I've been wanting to bring my Toshiba T1100 Plus to our local monthly vintage computer club meet-up, but I'm struggling to think of software that would make for a more broadly interesting showcase... The machine is interesting to me for what it is, and I like using it for silly little things like BBSing and word processing, but I doubt others would so interested - seeing as how most displays use games and such. The T1100 Plus isn't exactly a gaming machine lol.

Would love to hear people's thoughts or advice on this.

Here you go, these are the files as they were on the original floppy. Start by executing demo.bat
If for some reason it wont work I would copy the files onto an original Toshiba DOS 2.1 floppy, that's the DOS version it was originally used with.
This should do it: https://winworldpc.com/download/17359b45-483f-11e9-8581-fa163e9022f0

Let me know if it works, Maybe take a picture. It's been a while since I've seen it run.

Attachments

• Demo.zip
    87.2 KB · Views: 7
Is the overview static information, or does it change to show the current version, say if you boot it with the T1100 Plus MS-DOS 3.2 floppy?

This is very cool - thank so so much for digging this up. I did already have the 2.1 boot floppy, so this fired right up no issues. Neat animated intro with music, went through the slideshows, played the game, all very cool. Thanks again!!
Looks great, thanks for the pictures, when I just saw those I remember trying it out a few years ago, and how annoying the PC speaker starts to be after letting it cycle trough everything a couple of times.
But it works well as an attention grabber, what it was designed for. If i remember correctly it keeps cycling trough everything if nothing is pressed at the selection screen.

Is the overview static information, or does it change to show the current version, say if you boot it with the T1100 Plus MS-DOS 3.2 floppy?
I forgot to mention this but the demo program will automatically detect whether it is run on an T1100+, T2100 or T3100 and display the correct information.
But the DOS version is hard coded I think.

Back